; Script Name: Dual Client Blade Spirit Archery Trainer
; Author: Cerveza
; Version: No version.
; Shard OSI / FS: ONLY tested OSI
; Revision Date: 11 May 2010
; Public Release: v1.2
;===============================================================
; Purpose:
;   To train Archery to GM using 2 clients.
; Requirements:
;   An archer with some (~6) store bought repeating crossbows
;   A LOT of bolts
;   A second account with a mage capable of casting blade spirit
; Thanks:
;   Roadkill for the original concept of this script
;   EN for the client swapping tips
--- End code ---

This script is to help you train archery. If you can get to 50 doing the Haven quest, you can put on 30 Jewelry to get you to 80 and you will gain all the way to 120 (without Jewelry) using this script.

It requires 2 accounts.

Account 1 - Your Archer in training
Account 2 - A mage who can cast Blade Spirits, wearing a 100% LRC preferably. You can also use scrolls, but would have to modify the script a bit

Setup.... Load your Archer char and load the script. Then start a second client using UOXL on EUO. Log in your mage on the second account.

Get to a spot that you can cast and shoot to, but targets can't reach you. The script is setup to use a boat. Just find a quiet shoreline and make sure your archer is within range of the ships hold if your pulling arrows from there.

Run the script. You'll be asked for a few setup things, like what type bow your using, which char is your archer and which is your caster. Then your caster will cast one blade spirit, this is to get the target position for his casting.

The archer will see the blade spirit and attack. He will use Divine Fury at the beginning of each blade spirit to speed up shooting (and gains). If a bow is broken, he will equip another from his pack.

I recommend store bought repeating crossbows.

Got me from 105-118 over night. Had to load bolts a couple times. I loaded 6 quivers (3000 bolts) that lasted less then 5 hours.

Make sure you start with the TRAINER client! That way you can target your weapon.

Only thing untested is pulling ammo from the ships storage.

TODO: toggle out of combat when out of ammo in the hopes of recovering some.

Post up your issues and comments.

Added new version

v1.2 fixed loading ammo from container

Cerveza:
Working version is up. Make sure you start the script with the TRAINER client active.

Ima leave this here for us to use first, but later put it out to everyone.

NObama:
One word:  Fan-fricking-tastic.

This script is blazing fast for training archery.  I strongly recommend all guild members training archery use this instead of golems.

:)

Cerveza:
Did you get a chance to use the ships storage for ammo? That's really the only untested part.

NObama:
Not yet - I've only been able to acquire about 5k bolts, which I could hold (2.5K at a time)

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version