Author Topic: I have a bunch of tools in the Lua works  (Read 9728 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: I have a bunch of tools in the Lua works
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 04:53:17 PM »
The rail engine is coming along nicely.  Those that have used this before will be really impressed with the load times.  Probably won't have time to finish it this weekend, however.

Just for giggles, I loaded one of SuperSlayers rails to test the functions:

Rail index = 0
Load time = 0.019000 sec
Engine Version = 41
Current Engine command = NONE
Current server mode = SUBROUTINE
Current server status = IDLE
Current rail index = 0
Current rail waypoints = 59
Rail name from index = Luna_MSL7
Current rail name = Luna_MSL7
Present waypoint in current rail = 0
Rails loaded = 1

And a rail that's over 1000 waypoints:

Rail index = 0
Load time = 0.754000 sec
Engine Version = 41
Current Engine command = NONE
Current server mode = SUBROUTINE
Current server status = IDLE
Current rail index = 0
Current rail waypoints = 1084
Rail name from index = worldtour
Current rail name = worldtour
Present waypoint in current rail = 0
Rails loaded = 1
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 05:24:39 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 03:58:06 AM »
So that second rail that takes forever in EUO takes less than a second in LUA? I thought the script had gone into a loop the first time I did it.  Pretty powerful illustration.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 10:32:46 AM »
So that second rail that takes forever in EUO takes less than a second in LUA? I thought the script had gone into a loop the first time I did it.  Pretty powerful illustration.

It takes about 17 seconds with EUO to load.  Funny thing about the OEUO code; it's a terrible hack to get it working to test with, so I know I could probably make it 100 times faster.  So for crappy inefficient code to run 22x faster is kinda funny.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 10:53:57 PM »
The rail engine is ALIVE!  MUAHAHHAHAHA
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 04:28:07 PM »
Only thing stopping me from jumping headlong in is the lack of a usable UI... 
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 04:39:51 PM »
Only thing stopping me from jumping headlong in is the lack of a usable UI... 

I hear ya.  I've tried a couple ideas to try and allow for an asynchronous method to run a script and manage the UI much like what EUO does.  To date, I haven't found a good way.  I thought I was on to something with nested timers, but since you can only have one running per Obj instance, it's kinda hard to work it.  The only thing that will fix this is to allow for 2 separate threads per script.  One to handle the UI, and the other to manage the script.

I hope Cheffe gets this worked out soon; I'd love to start working that aspect of OEUO.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 01:39:20 PM »
I'll be posting my find item info for OEUO this weekend.  That one is nice because it gives you a quick overview of how to integrate a usable UI into your OEUO stuff.  Also, it's not written with any "advanced" programming; it's pretty basic.   I'll even dissect it verbally and try and explain in detail how each part works and make a little tutorial out of it.

But hopefully it'll be enough for you guys to start playing with a complete graphical script; and rip it up to see how it works.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: