Author Topic: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0  (Read 246558 times)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0 Beta
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2010, 11:24:09 AM »
I made a polar bear tamer once and used a look for gate id approach.  if you find it either dispel it or wait.  It looked really natural and also handled fails well.  Just a thought.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2010, 12:44:21 PM »
My Siege miner is up to 96 mining. Can't wait to read the gem book so that I can start putting up imbue training resources.  :)

You can already start imbue with making bows from oak and unraveling them with my residue maker script. I starting at 0 imbue and am about 50 now with only about 2k in oak.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2010, 03:02:06 PM »
Good idea, I guess I need to start cutting wood.

XII, my next suggestions for the miner:

Add in the ability to use multiple books

Add in a display on the menu that shows what book/rune you are mining.  I find that invaluable in finding my corpse again after I die.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 01:56:02 PM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2010, 01:40:46 PM »
I downloaded and started to run this script again while UO lets us use our dummy accounts for free again :)
seems like everything is working out great... one small issue with dropping off Granite, even though I set up a Gems bag, and Granite bag.. its still dropping the big rocks off into my Gems bag.  also.. did I hear there might be some prospector tool addon?

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2010, 02:35:42 PM »
Also... Did I hear there might be some prospector tool addon?

That would be awesome!  I have been saving all of my Prospector's Tools ready to test the script out when using them.  Seems like the only time I use the Prospector's Tools now is when I dig up a Shadow Elemental for a Pet to train.  Seems I also have Gargoyle's Pick Axes around as well and have only used them every once in awhile to dig up an Elemental on purpose, in order to kill off my competition of other AFK Script Miners....   :-\
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2010, 10:27:49 AM »
Thanks for the feedback so far everyone. I appreciate it immensely! Kham, I'll take a look at the stone issue and get a fix in ASAP. Once this iteration is solid I'll start thinking through some of the suggestions such as the multiple runebooks and prospector tools. I just wanted to get these core changes to be solid before I went off on a feature tangent.

Important question, is anyone else experiencing crashing during the drag/dropc routine at the bank or at your secure? I crash multiple times per day now and I've heard from other people that they've gotten similar feedback on some of their scripts. The only consistency is that it's ALWAYS at the bank while I'm emptying my pack. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this specifically with the 3.0 version of the miner.

Thanks again! Once I nail the last couple of stability issues I'll go to an open beta to see if more people can break it!! ;)

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2010, 10:57:35 AM »
I am not having the crash issue with any consistency. It does happen but just every once in a while, like maybe twice per week.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2010, 10:59:06 AM »
I have not crashed at all.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2010, 01:50:26 PM »
if I do crash.. its not a script issue... its a UO issue... its never happened at the house...

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2010, 02:28:02 AM »
I never had an issue with crashing. I'll run it again Monday to see if I have any issues.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2010, 09:18:25 AM »
I am trying to catch it during the act to give more info 12x^. Right now as it stands.  I come back to my computer ever hour or so and the script is running and gating and then all of a sudden my miner is standing  there and each time it is the same place and he is trying to unload his backpack ore into the resource container but he is no where near the resource container. He is actually at a gated spot in the runebook? He continues in an endless loop to unload his backpack into the resource contianer but cannot because it is not there. ???
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 07:18:32 AM by Masscre »

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2010, 11:15:45 PM »
12x!

OH No!  Now they have added the ability to mine Salt Peter. You need to find a Niter Deposit and then keep mining it until the Salt Peter runs out of that deposit.  Supposedly the deposits are somewhat rare.  I can't tell yet if they run more in mountainsides or in Caverns....!?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:53:51 AM by Oracle »
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2010, 01:20:28 AM »
yes please.. we need to get more information about these... my understanding is you salt peters usually spawn around water deposits?

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2010, 02:34:30 AM »
yes please.. we need to get more information about these... my understanding is you salt peters usually spawn around water deposits?

From what I remember reading a couple weeks ago, the deposits spawn in dungeons and maybe someplace else? If I ever get time to play for more than 2 hours per week I'll see if I can figure out how it works for sure!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2010, 05:45:27 PM »
OK - I downloaded set up secure, set all the stuff etc. But here is the problem  - it is not finding many of my mining spots. I think it is a z axis problem. For example - NE of the Royal City is a sandy beach by a mt. doesn't even look for a mining spot. Also when standing right up against a mt seems to miss all spots. Any clues?

Tags: