Author Topic: Script communication.  (Read 3458 times)

Scrripty

Script communication.
« on: September 26, 2010, 02:22:49 PM »
What's the easiest way to communicate between script tabs?  Do global vars work like they did before?  I haven't done enough reading on this.  I need an example.  I have 2 scripts converted to OEUO I want to test, but I need to fully understand how communicating between tabs works in OEUO before I continue... Grr. :)  I understand all vars are global unless specifically set to local, but does that mean all global vars can be read between script tabs automatically sort of along the lines of the way it works now?  I'll have to look at TM's namespace script I guess...?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Script communication.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 02:55:02 PM »
check out my namespace stuff like you thought.  With that, you can communicate exactly like you're used to in EUO.  I can post some sample code if you'd like.

I believe I have a new version of that, I'll have to check....  The posted version should work OK though.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

Re: Script communication.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 11:31:03 PM »
I just played with it for 5 minutes.  So easy.  Seriously anyone that can script in EUO can easily write code in OEUO.  So simple.  It doesn't feel natural tho after using EUO for a long time.  It does require a bit of rethinking on how things work tho, I'm so used to optimizing to eek out every bit of speed I can...  Swapping to get char info is going to be way faster isn't it? heh  I like it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 11:35:02 PM by Scripty »

Tags: