Author Topic: Newbie Me  (Read 1542 times)

Offline ParadiseTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Paradise has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Newbie Me
« on: October 12, 2010, 12:05:24 AM »
Hi everyone!  I wanted to share my first new UO days with you;

I log on my miner to make some money, and I run into a guy with a gold beetle!  I *bugged out!* :o (haha get it?) and of course had to ask about it, and found out that the GMS that deleted my portable forges  >:( ages ago, thought it would be much cooler if you smelted the ore off of a beetles a$$ instead...  Great, So I wanted one.  

So on my tamer, I pull my best, favorite and most loved animal out of the stables for the first time in Ages! Before it was stabled many years ago, it was well trained up!  My white wyrm surely can kick any beetles butt...  how hard could it be to tame a golden beetle?  I go to the new lands, and my wyrm dies, oh and I die, and I die again, and again.  Did I mention my wyrm died?  

Luckily, some tamers came by and, after laughing at me and my white wyrm *embarrassed*, they politely gave me a  :o greater dragon :o, and helped me get my beetle.  

:-\ I can't believe the changes!!

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:10:00 AM by Paradise »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Newbie Me
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 07:07:52 AM »
sounds like there was some players that made your experience a good one.  It's great to see there are still some good people out there willing to help out. 

I remember prowling around on Napa recently - I was just riding around on my horse minding my own business when this guy started following me.  I was around Cove looking for idocs when he finally approached me and asked if I was the same "James" that helped him out on his first day as a noob player.  I remember spending part of my entire playing day back in 2000 helping this guy out and it certainly did make an impression. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 07:19:09 AM »
Man, it is so nice to hear about players that step in and help out.  That use to be the norm back in the days.  I feel like it is more about individuals and small groups farming for items mostly nowadays. 

Glad you are getting use to the changes.  There certainly have been a lot since the WW was king.  I wish they made them more useful too because they were fun and carry so many good memories.

May your new adventures be full of excitement and a little less death!

Offline ParadiseTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Paradise has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 04:53:56 PM »
Ty =) yeah it is nice to find really nice people!

There are soooo many new things that they added to this game.   I keep getting astonished by what I find on vendors.  I keep wanting to go on a shopping spree and buy everything I've never seen before!  Hubby is about to cut up my UO credit cards! =P

Tags: