Author Topic: Random Babble....Fear of the unknown?  (Read 1514 times)

Offline ParadiseTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Paradise has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Random Babble....Fear of the unknown?
« on: November 02, 2010, 12:06:45 PM »
Since I've been backed, I've found a nice spot to plop my house down in Felucca.  The other day, I ran into a guy who needed a house, and I told him there were lots of plot free, just plop a house down, when asked where, I said Felucca.  Well, if there were crickets in the game, you would have heard them.  Then others interjected... "oh Felucca, I wouldn't have a house there unless I made no doors and used a teleporter.  If you go there to look for a house, make sure you don't bring anything with you." 

This was baffling  in itself.  Then I went to sell my house on cats, which is in felucca, and immediately I had responses on channel..."how much"  to which I responded, "you can see it, and make an offer"  The responses I received, "So you can kill me when I go there to look"  etc etc... I finally found someone who would go, but he stripped down naked first  :o

Now, when I used to play there was no item insurance... Now there is!  What is there to be afraid of?
Also when I played when there was no trammel, I wonder, is this the fear of the unknown??  Would I never touch foot in Felucca too, had I "grown up" in trammel?  Is it this oh so scary place because.... I'm not sure.  I run around fine, and I run into the occasional PKs.. but that is what makes things fun and exciting?

I think a lot of people are missing out on the fun and adrenaline rushes of the past :/
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:09:03 PM by Paradise »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Random Babble....Fear of the unknown?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 02:50:46 PM »
i think you summed it up... people who didnt expereience fel before tram have an unreasonable fear...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Random Babble....Fear of the unknown?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 03:40:30 PM »
I just hate dying to those twinks in Fel.  It's like a virtual-wedgie.  Embarrassing and a little painful if it makes "Turbo" status.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: