Author Topic: Good Intro example: Hi, I'm Weirdbeard!  (Read 16097 times)

Offline WeirdbeardTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Weirdbeard has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Good Intro example: Hi, I'm Weirdbeard!
« on: February 19, 2011, 06:38:47 AM »
Hi all!

My name is Weirdbeard, and I love Ultima Online!  I am currently 27 years old, and I work as a programmer for a large insurance corporation (whee!...)  I am a gamer through-and-through and I hope to one day be able to support myself as an independent game developer!  Other than gaming and programming, I have a few other hobbies (when I have time!).  Primarily I enjoy playing guitar, something I've done for the past 15 or so years, although you might not know it if you heard me play! ;)  Other than I try to go to the gym as much as I can and get some reading in so I can pretend to be smarter than I am!

I started playing UO shortly after the game was originally released and into T2A a little bit, but I was forced to quit around then due to only being something like 15 or 16 at the time and my parents were no longer willing to fund my online gaming habit!  :'(  I never came back to any official UO server as I got caught up in other MMOs, specifically Asheron's Call and then Everquest (or was it the other way around, I'm losing my memory in my old age!).  I've occasionally come back to UO to play on some Freeshards, but only casually in short spurts.  Now, with a dearth of MMOs out there, I've decided to come back to UO in a more serious fashion and to try to do many of the things I never accomplished in my time on the original servers.

Admittedly, I was pretty much a perma-noob when I played originally.  I never achieved a 7x character or even owned a house by myself!  My comeback to UO will mainly focus on these achievements--I hope to acquire the great riches that I never saw in my previous stints.  I primarily want to come back and play a few templates I've never played before, such as Tamer and T-Hunter, and I hope to do it with the help of my newfound friends here at ScriptUO!  :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 03:02:43 PM by Toptwo »
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day;
Set fire to him, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, I'm Weirdbeard!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 06:41:54 AM »
Thanks for a great intro...your restricted status is lifted and you are free to have a look around. Hope to see you on the boards!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 06:50:17 AM »
WELCOME!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 10:59:49 AM »
Welcome and thank you for the work you put into your intro. As always check out and even abuse teh search button, but yes you have to put something into the search button to get something out !!

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 01:59:21 PM »
I work as a programmer for a large insurance corporation

So did you write the program that moves all the rounded cents to your Caymen Island account yet. ;)

sorry couldn't resist

welcome to the site
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 02:54:05 PM »
Great introduction, Weirdbeard!

Welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: