Author Topic: LAME 3.0 - Le (semi)Automated Mob Eradicator  (Read 90148 times)

Scrripty

Re: LAME 1.0 (seriously)
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 08:26:11 PM »
+1
Instead of halting the script, you could pause on death so you can resume instantly too without resetting up when you get ressed.  Also, if you're going to rip stuff directly from another script, you should probly take the time to at least change the names of stuff. :)  Just sayin... heh

Sadly, if you're referring to stuff that he ripped from me... A) I don't care... B) I can't even tell what parts are mine! LOL

I dont care. :)  There's a lot ripped from a lot of scripts in there, but it's all noob stuff.  One thing tho, you should check your use of timers.  Your main problem is that you use generic timers, which are ok, but you're not accounting for everyones templates.  EUO isn't going to cast the same for everyone, or consecrate.  There's more to be done here.  There are very specific equations you can use for all of those.  EOO actually needs to have a buff bar scan to work effectively, I've spent COUNTLESS hours trying to perfect EOO without using a buff bar scan, and finally wrote my own cause I was sick of trying. :)  If you scan the buff bar tho, it's so simple to add EOO effectively.  Look at EN's buffbar scanner.  It will save you tons of hassles.  And it allows you to REALLY make EOO your beyotch.  Another thing:  SOFT WAITS.  Using hard waits or "wait 5, wait 10..." is great, and works fine, but you can optimize it so much more if you use soft waits.  What I mean is, setting a wait timer and not allowing anything that is an action to be performed while that action timer is active.  So you set a timer to 2 seconds, then check the timer for everything, this way the script can continue to execute, and you can check all sorts of other things while it's executing... with waits, you HAVE to wait that amount of time.  I have a couple scripts that use this technique EXTENSIVELY and trust me, when you learn it well, a whole new world opens up to you for scripts... You'll be better for learning to do it now.  Timing is EVERYTHING, so learning how to time things perfectly is huge.  The way you have it now, its all executing in order.  With soft waits, you would use timers for everything, and you could optimize your timers so that if a timer is up after an action, you wait that amount of time, and the NEXT most important timer gets done before any others.  It allows you to optimize not only your timings, but also your subs, and when/how they are executed, and their order of importance.  You don't want a consecrate going off if you need an evade right now.  Know what I'm sayin? :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:27:51 PM by Scripty »

Offline dxromTopic starter

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 12:41:45 AM »
+1
Instead of halting the script, you could pause on death so you can resume instantly too without resetting up when you get ressed.  Also, if you're going to rip stuff directly from another script, you should probly take the time to at least change the names of stuff. :)  Just sayin... heh

Sadly, if you're referring to stuff that he ripped from me... A) I don't care... B) I can't even tell what parts are mine! LOL

I dont care. :)  There's a lot ripped from a lot of scripts in there, but it's all noob stuff.  One thing tho, you should check your use of timers.  Your main problem is that you use generic timers, which are ok, but you're not accounting for everyones templates.  EUO isn't going to cast the same for everyone, or consecrate.  There's more to be done here.  There are very specific equations you can use for all of those.  EOO actually needs to have a buff bar scan to work effectively, I've spent COUNTLESS hours trying to perfect EOO without using a buff bar scan, and finally wrote my own cause I was sick of trying. :)  If you scan the buff bar tho, it's so simple to add EOO effectively.  Look at EN's buffbar scanner.  It will save you tons of hassles.  And it allows you to REALLY make EOO your beyotch.  Another thing:  SOFT WAITS.  Using hard waits or "wait 5, wait 10..." is great, and works fine, but you can optimize it so much more if you use soft waits.  What I mean is, setting a wait timer and not allowing anything that is an action to be performed while that action timer is active.  So you set a timer to 2 seconds, then check the timer for everything, this way the script can continue to execute, and you can check all sorts of other things while it's executing... with waits, you HAVE to wait that amount of time.  I have a couple scripts that use this technique EXTENSIVELY and trust me, when you learn it well, a whole new world opens up to you for scripts... You'll be better for learning to do it now.  Timing is EVERYTHING, so learning how to time things perfectly is huge.  The way you have it now, its all executing in order.  With soft waits, you would use timers for everything, and you could optimize your timers so that if a timer is up after an action, you wait that amount of time, and the NEXT most important timer gets done before any others.  It allows you to optimize not only your timings, but also your subs, and when/how they are executed, and their order of importance.  You don't want a consecrate going off if you need an evade right now.  Know what I'm sayin? :)

Straying from the subject of other peoples code (Since I really did only use the auto attack that was provided to me raw from a friend, so I have no idea where I got the original from, and the core of MD's Medic script as a base, everything else was put in from either researching the EUO documentation, testing what I learned from it, and researching how other people applied them in their scripts in order to gain an understanding in the correct operation) I completely agree with you, while I was doing dishes yesterday, I was thinking of how I could form equations for things such as, as you stated, consecrate weapon because I had only take into consideration MY skill in chiv, and the elements that effect MY character. This EOO you speak of though, what exactly is it? I will do research into it. Timers are the other thing I have really been trying to tweak, I have been having issues with them in means of prioritizing what should go first in the check, however at the moment it doesn't just run down a list flipping switches every few seconds, regardless if they have been switched or not already, it has safeties to prevent that. Keep in mind, I stated that this was not in any way a bot or script that aims for full on automation. Because 1. I lack the understanding at the moment to create a script that is even remotely capable of such a thing, and 2. I really don't like relying on a script or program that tears away the full control of the user. When I use this (or rather, my personal version), it is for spawning or farming essences. Not for like, setting up in a remote location to kill spawn, autoloot and survive by itself for an undetermined amount of lengthy hours. Evasion, confidence, protection of the sampire is still, ultimately up to the user, this only assists in some areas in which are more redundant and a nuisance.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Scrripty

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 01:44:10 AM »
+1
No one is giving ya crap brother.  On the contrary, congrats for learning.  When I point stuff out, it's more to keep ya on your toes.  I wish I could give you the newest version of my sampire script.  You have the skill already to do a lot more than what you think.  You're on the verge of going from script tinker, to full on script monkey. :)  This exact setup was what got me involved actually.  If you go check out Paladin Combat Caster on euo, you'll be writing scripts like I do in no time.  Rip that script apart piece by piece, it will help you learn what you want to know.  Welcome to the club.

Edit:  EOO is Enemy of One.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2011, 02:42:21 AM »
+1
No one is giving ya crap brother.  On the contrary, congrats for learning.  When I point stuff out, it's more to keep ya on your toes.  I wish I could give you the newest version of my sampire script.  You have the skill already to do a lot more than what you think.  You're on the verge of going from script tinker, to full on script monkey. :)  This exact setup was what got me involved actually.  If you go check out Paladin Combat Caster on euo, you'll be writing scripts like I do in no time.  Rip that script apart piece by piece, it will help you learn what you want to know.  Welcome to the club.

Edit:  EOO is Enemy of One.

OH! I didn't mean to come off as offended! Sorry about that, it's just been a long week (spring break). ^^

I appreciate your efforts and time spent in pointing things out, greatly! At the moment I am playing around and figuring out how to properly utilize EN's ScanBuffBar, it's VERY interesting! having some issues with it though, just in the small tinkering around that I am doing, working on a small bit of code, that when I am slept, it sets a trapped box to last object and executes eventmacro 17 0 (use last object), basically just to get the grasp of how to apply it in actual scripts.

I will definitely check out that pally script! (btw, Step In, Step Out, Step Over in EUO... greatest thing since ollydbg)

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Scrripty

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2011, 02:59:10 AM »
+1
You're new, they'll be less interesting soon enough. :)  That's like debugging 101.  Just wait until you get to debugging 501. hah  Multiple namespaces, multiple script interactions, multiple character swapping... and one little crash in 6k+ lines of code and you have NO idea what's causing it.  Just that it only happens when you're using 4+ accounts and that it happens while they're swapping and you're SURE you didn't miss anything, but it's still crashing.  Good luck. heh

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 04:13:04 AM »
+1
Mana requirements and timers would be your next major improvement.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2011, 04:34:32 AM »
+1
Workin on it. ^^

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 01:12:17 AM »
+1
Workin on it. ^^

Updated most of it to utilize EN's ScanBuffBar when working with timings, I will keep consecrate weap at a neutral 9 second timer since most all sampires with the current templates, will have the skill to be on atleast 9 seconds, without the karma. Just waiting on the go-ahead from EN to release it with his script's support. I will be looking into ways to move away from the initial user setup and build a setup of it's own... The only thing I can see that I wouldn't like about that though is people who run UO on different resolutions. Might just try and figure out how to save pixels and try for a single setup kinda thing. Just set it up once and never worry about it again kinda thing. Who knows! I have a lot of reading to do though! :D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 04:07:38 AM by dxrom »

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 03:41:26 AM »
+1
Excellent work. I will give it a go when I get home this afternoon and see how it flows.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 06:05:22 AM »
+1
Dxrom thanks for asking much appreciated, and heres the standard verbage

As long as the buffbarscanner script is used as a called script and my script code is not actually im-bedded in your script, permission is not required to use it, although is appreciated .  A second stipulation is that you don't pass along my script with yours or post mine with yours instead post a link of where to get mine from.  If you pm your posting link i will add it to the list of know scripts that use the subs.

AS to 'he only thing I can see that I wouldn't like about that though is people who run UO on different resolutions.'  my buffbar script does take into a pixel color variation.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:07:15 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 06:13:42 AM »
+1
Dxrom thanks for asking much appreciated, and heres the standard verbage

As long as the buffbarscanner script is used as a called script and my script code is not actually im-bedded in your script, permission is not required to use it, although is appreciated .  A second stipulation is that you don't pass along my script with yours or post mine with yours instead post a link of where to get mine from.  If you pm your posting link i will add it to the list of know scripts that use the subs.

AS to 'he only thing I can see that I wouldn't like about that though is people who run UO on different resolutions.'  my buffbar script does take into a pixel color variation.

Ah! Alright, I will be appending my first post shortly!

Also, what I mean by that, is I wanted to avoid a making a script that sets up a screen to MY screen's dimensions, and release it in hopes that everyone has the same dimensions. IE: Setting it up so that it moves spells (LS, Special Abilities, etc) to certain locations, what I love about your script, is that it isn't put off by the location of the  buffbar, you can move it anywhere you want, when you want and it can still read it. Which I assume is because it is looking across the entire display as opposed to certain or specific locations.

Would it be possible for me to use your script to detect when special abilities are being used, I am trying to move away from the initial startup setup of "move your cursor to your lightning strike ability and hold it there for two seconds, okay now move it to your primary ability and hold it there for two seconds, alright now move it to your secondary ability, etc"

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 07:04:47 AM »
+1
Would it be possible for me to use your script to detect when special abilities are being used, I am trying to move away from the initial startup setup of "move your cursor to your lightning strike ability and hold it there for two seconds, okay now move it to your primary ability and hold it there for two seconds, alright now move it to your secondary ability, etc"

Arr no it wouldn't be.  My script doesnt scan the entire screen to find the buffbar.. instead on first run it opens  the bar thus reading the location of the bar from #contposx #contposy. From that point on it scans the location of there certain pixels on the bar should be .. if it gets wrong results it again reopens the bar to find out where it is now.  This is possible because their is a single command to open the buffbar.

Now with ability's you have to drag the icon out of the ability book, Their is no simple command to get the icons on screen, therefor the method i used for the buffbar sadly doesn't apply.  Thats why most scripts do the position cursor over business.

Now what you want to do is very doable in OpenEUO,  OpenEUO provides additional commands not available in EUO  one of which is the ability to get a list of all the gumps open on a screen and their locations.  So in Openeuo you would just need to cycle through the list looking for the ability gumps/locations, a simple task.  Sadly OpenEUO isn't completely finished yet and if you need menus this area to my understanding is not 100% functional .. although may or may not be functional enough for you needs.  OpenEUO also uses LUA with is completely different to OpenEUO script.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 09:15:46 AM »
+1

Arr no it wouldn't be.  My script doesnt scan the entire screen to find the buffbar.. instead on first run it opens  the bar thus reading the location of the bar from #contposx #contposy. From that point on it scans the location of there certain pixels on the bar should be .. if it gets wrong results it again reopens the bar to find out where it is now.  This is possible because their is a single command to open the buffbar.

Now with ability's you have to drag the icon out of the ability book, Their is no simple command to get the icons on screen, therefor the method i used for the buffbar sadly doesn't apply.  Thats why most scripts do the position cursor over business.

Now what you want to do is very doable in OpenEUO,  OpenEUO provides additional commands not available in EUO  one of which is the ability to get a list of all the gumps open on a screen and their locations.  So in Openeuo you would just need to cycle through the list looking for the ability gumps/locations, a simple task.  Sadly OpenEUO isn't completely finished yet and if you need menus this area to my understanding is not 100% functional .. although may or may not be functional enough for you needs.  OpenEUO also uses LUA with is completely different to OpenEUO script.

Ahh darn... Yeah I have been lookin at OEUO for a bit, pondering the thought of learning LUA, since I also play WoW and could tweak my UI and addons if I did.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 04:41:33 AM »
+1
Oh! Apparently my post didn't go through, Updated with EN's scanbuffbar, and a few other things!

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 06:15:09 AM »
+1
Minor update to how logging out, or losing connection is handled, now goes into a loop and comes out when you log back in, picks up from where it left off.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Tags: