Author Topic: Gaming PC for $500  (Read 11291 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Gaming PC for $500
« on: January 08, 2009, 05:25:35 AM »
Great article found HERE

Shows that you don't need to spend several thousand to get a decent gaming system. And if your doing an upgrade with your old case, you can add that into the graphics, or CPU.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Gaming PC for $500
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 11:08:12 AM »
That's not too bad.  My findings have been typical for all the computer I've put together over the years.  You can really save money if you want to take the time.  One glaring omission is the operating system.  For me I don't care too much since I'm mostly linux now, so there's lots of free things available there.  However, linux != gaming OS.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 12:07:24 PM »
Of course, one would want WinXP rev 3 for the operating system I suppose.

It would be awesome if someone would put together a "smaller" version of it. Something slipstreamed that would allow users to select IE, Outlook, Windows Media Player and other programs, or their counterparts in the free world like Firefox, Thunderbird, WinAMP etc...

Yeah some Tiny version that would be available on a single disk. Some type of TinyXP that might be in it's 9th revision.

But if there was anything like that, we couldn't advertise it here or how to get it. That would be bad. Privately I suppose it could be discussed. Private Messages could be sent and such.

Penis.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 12:30:14 PM »
Plus there's those no holds barred talks in Elite about all kinds of nonsense and whatnot.  I still can't believe that gold check duping bug we're talking about in there.  Wowzers.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 03:59:27 PM »
DUDE! Remember the rule!! No word until we reach 100 Trillion!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 06:26:38 PM »
Ohhhh, sorry.  I need to get another script running to double the rate...

Back OT:

Are you  trying to put together a cheapy gaming pooter?
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 08:30:21 PM »
Nope, just thought someone might find the info useful.

I might be looking for a new graphics card though...

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 08:42:17 PM »
I'm pretty happy with my 9600GT.  It's really pretty good for a budget price.  These days it's all about budget..
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline coyan2

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • coyan2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 09:06:41 PM »
Elite?
You mean like the Elite Firebird game that I use to play on my dads old 8088????

God, what a game that was...
Flying around a bunch of single planet systems, in a space ship made out of sticks...

And only 100 Trillion? loosers, I already got the martians to get me upgraded with the new Uber Fishing Pole of Vanq. And it has Mana Booster, and Fire protection booster, and ... comes with the Dupe of earl Check cashing card of the dark side..

Oh, Ya,
DUDE, I'm gettin a dell... $1500.00 worth of dell.. AND NOW this news comes out.. Gee thanks...

Coy.

All American Drink, For an All American kind of Guy

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 01:39:07 AM »
Oh man, I used to play Elite for days on end.  Docking the ship was a pain in the ass without the docking computer!
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: