Author Topic: Hello everyone- returning player  (Read 2499 times)

Offline ZingyTTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ZingyT has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello everyone- returning player
« on: May 19, 2011, 08:21:54 PM »
Hi everyone-

Im Zingy, a returning 5 year veteran that hasnt played since 02.  In the old days, I played on Great Lakes server and was a huge rares collector and PvPer.  I had 4 7xgm characters which AT THE TIME, was pretty amazing.  I had a mage, fencer/poisoner, archer, and a sick crafter.  You can imagine my shock to find all of my characters still intact, after nearly a decade away.

So now I am back, and have come to discover how utterly UNAMAZING 7xGM is these days.  New characters can be made in only a few short days and 120 skill is the new standard.  Also there are so many different skills that didnt exist when I played last.  I have probably spent more reading uoguide.com in the past two weeks then I have sleeping.  Just cant seem to get back up to speed quick enough. 

Apparently, one of the things I need to get back up to speed on is also scripting.  I have done a tiny bit of coding in my day and am familiar with basic logic functions like "and/or" loops and "if/else" conditioning.  I hope to learn alot from the community, assuming you will have me.  :-)
Thx in advance,
Zingy

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hello everyone- returning player
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 08:46:08 PM »
All these great intros!  Wondering what's in the water.  lol

Anyhow, welcome back to the game.  Contrary to the pious drones at Stratics, scripting can really enhance your UO experience.  You'll find some good things here.  So welcome to the site!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 12:17:58 AM »
welcome back and enjoy the boards make sure to abuse the search button

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 03:19:59 AM »
Welcome!

and please check out the automatic index

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?action=indice

Offline ZingyTTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • ZingyT has no influence.
    • View Profile
Thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 05:56:26 AM »
Thanks for the tips.  You have no idea what a thrill it was to sit back and watch my first test script run.  I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 06:16:41 AM »
Welcome to the boards and thank you for the nice intro. We have several intro scripts here in the forums and alot of people have asked questions in the past how things work so please check all them out. They can help you get started scripting again.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 06:33:42 AM »
Welcome back to the game... yes, there have been many changes.

Offline TheOmen24

• Activity:
    0%
  • TheOmen24 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 08:35:09 AM »
Welcome, I recently joined but this site is really well done and should be supported.
Being to prideful has doomed kings.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 02:03:57 PM »
Thanks for the tips.  You have no idea what a thrill it was to sit back and watch my first test script run.  I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Its cool isnt it...  I still get a kick at watching my toons on autopilot...

welcome to the boards... please leave comments in the scripts you download... everyone loves feedback.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: