Author Topic: ENs - OpenEUO Modded Inferface (MODGUI)  (Read 66301 times)

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: EN's OpenEUO Modded Inferface (MODGUI)
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 09:08:10 PM »
+1
Version 8

- Made Find/find replace non-case sensitive.

- Added a new Tab Control + Panel to list all the functions in your script. Single/double clicking a function name will move you to that function in your code. Major timesaver feature. (Inspired by TrailMyx function list in his scriptuo project)

If anyone else has mods to my mods they would like to see integrated.. just post.

As always Feedback greatly appreciated .. good bad or indifferent.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 09:23:22 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: ENs - OpenEUO Modded Inferface (MODGUI)
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 02:34:09 PM »
+1
I don't understand why more of these features weren't incorporated into the archaic EasyUO.

Unfortunately I'm only using OEUO for one script right now. I wish more of the scripts I use regularly were available in OEUO. Everything in OEUO seems smoother and faster.

The favorites and tutorials are really nice features and then there is the library features!

I'm really enjoying the look and feel of the MODGUI and I hope to use more scripts in OEUO in the future as they become available.

With the default OEUO GUI it's no wonder it didn't get a positive reception right from the beginning.

Your MODGUI completely changes the look and feel of OEUO. It's the Pinco of OEUO!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 03:34:15 PM »
+1
I don't understand why more of these features weren't incorporated into the archaic EasyUO.
Unfortunately I'm only using OEUO for one script right now. I wish more of the scripts I use regularly were available in OEUO. Everything in OEUO seems smoother and faster.
The favorites and tutorials are really nice features and then there is the library features!
I'm really enjoying the look and feel of the MODGUI and I hope to use more scripts in OEUO in the future as they become available.

With the default OEUO GUI it's no wonder it didn't get a positive reception right from the beginning.

Your MODGUI completely changes the look and feel of OEUO. It's the Pinco of OEUO!

Well if i had access to the source of EUOX   or even OpenEUO I would add many such features and improvements.  Right now adding each feature has been very difficult due to the complete lack of documentation and the fact that allot of the commands menu/gui commands are not fully implemented, and or dont work as expected...  its a bit like shooting ducks in the dark .. when you turn the light on you see if you hit anything or not. Turn the light off and try again... lol

Glad you are enjoying what i had implemented so far.. if you have any suggestions and i can figure out how to do it i will.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »
+1
OOooo.. This might get me back into OEUO!!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 12:12:40 PM »
+1
If you have 0 functions in the script, and then click the function windowpane, goodbye oEUO instance.  It closes down and doesn't ask you to save anything.

If you use anonymous functions, it doesn't pick those up.  Be cool if it could because then it would even track event handlers like OnClick/OnClose/OnChange.
i.e.
local it = function() return end

I'm not sure how you did this, if it's regex picking up the word function, then this might not be a huge change.  If it is, I can live because I don't use a TON of functions like this.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:14:13 PM by KaliOfLS »
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 01:12:53 PM »
+1
If you have 0 functions in the script, and then click the function windowpane, goodbye oEUO instance.  It closes down and doesn't ask you to save anything.

If you use anonymous functions, it doesn't pick those up.  Be cool if it could because then it would even track event handlers like OnClick/OnClose/OnChange.
i.e.
local it = function() return end

I'm not sure how you did this, if it's regex picking up the word function, then this might not be a huge change.  If it is, I can live because I don't use a TON of functions like this.

Good catch on the empty list .. thought id tested that .. but I guess i tested that when i was attempting to use the TListbox... before i gave up.

As to the anonymous functions I was thinking off supporting that.. a bit of fiddling is all thats needed... I'll post when updated.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 07:36:56 PM »
+1
Version 8b

- Added ALT key shortcuts to the Find/find replace form buttons

- Fix for clicking in empty function list crashing OpenEUO.

If anyone else has mods to my mods they would like to see integrated.. just post.

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 07:58:03 AM »
+1
Thanks for the fix!

Glad I found it early on, lol.  Only lost 5 minutes worth of code.  I woulda cried had I coded for 2 hours.  I'm a terrible saver. 
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 08:13:50 AM »
+1
Thanks for the fix!

Glad I found it early on, lol.  Only lost 5 minutes worth of code.  I woulda cried had I coded for 2 hours.  I'm a terrible saver. 

Now that would be an interesting function ... autosave ... ummm     

I turned on your request of anoymous functions and tested it on ximans emulator library... had to turn it off again.  He had so many functions in that script it brought the editor to a standstill.   I will have to do some additional work on how i update the list, maybe only 40 functions per cycle.   In the modgui i dont have access to seperate threads so i have to be carefull how much time i suck from the main gui thread (it cannot be noticeable)

Offline ximan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ximan has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 09:27:42 AM »
+1
Thanks for the fix!

Glad I found it early on, lol.  Only lost 5 minutes worth of code.  I woulda cried had I coded for 2 hours.  I'm a terrible saver.  

Now that would be an interesting function ... autosave ... ummm      

Funny I logged in to suggest that as well.  You could measure how much change has occurred to a file and automatically back it up with a special suffix, appending a datestamp comment to the beginning or end of the script.

I turned on your request of anoymous functions and tested it on ximans emulator library... had to turn it off again.

Lolz, fortunately most sane scripts aren't going to be structured like it (plus, there are around 474 functions defined).  I tend to write all functions in the form local x = function() ... end ,  or group them in tables, maybe that is the problem.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:39:24 AM by ximan »

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 12:45:11 PM »
+1
I was gonna suggest autosave but figured that would be hard...   But Ximan makes it sound so simple.

:Waits Tapping Foot:
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 01:02:24 PM »
+1
ximan makes everything sound simple.  I wish I had 1/2 of his brain.  lol
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 01:06:45 PM »
+1
I'd laugh if you got the emotional half.

Because you'd be hysterical!
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 04:30:10 PM »
+1
Version 9beta

- Set Focus on Input Fields in the Find/find replace forms

- Added GOTO line function  Ctrl-g On Edit menu and Script Popup Menu.  Go's to a specified line, to make those script errors easy to track down.

- Added Autobackup every 3mins. Will create a file of the same name/folder as loaded file with an additional .bak extension.  If the file is not named yet saves as autobackuptab-??.bak  ??=tab number.  Currently Will create backups of all tabs regardless of if they have been changed or not.

Beta release incase KalOfLS finds me a bug or 2  ;D

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 04:40:15 PM by Endless Night »

Offline KaliOfLS

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 05:46:32 PM »
+1
Autosave seems to be working.  I don't know what kind of access you have to files but a few notes about the behavior (whether intended, good/bad, or no weighting of the trade offs).

If I save the file, bak could be deleted for me so I don't have 2 of every script. 
If I open a back up file and don't deal with it right away, I'll end up with a .bak.bak file.  I assume this goes forever :p

Anyway, I bet this saves my butt more than once :)    Thanks EN

R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Tags: OpenEUO