Author Topic: Gold Profits  (Read 8792 times)

Offline XclioTopic starter

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Gold Profits
« on: July 12, 2011, 10:53:17 AM »
So I kinda have decided that I want to make stupid amounts of gold much like I used to do in UO.  Anyone have any good tricks.  Obviously I plan to try and work the AH and farming is just boring.  I am looking mostly at AH play but any tips/tricks would be awesome.  My goal is to make gold a non-issue much like I made it for myself in UO.  I bought what I wanted, when and wanted, and didn't care because I had more gold than I could know what to do with.  And if I did spend a massive chunk of it I wasn't concerned about being able to just make it back very quickly.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Gold Profits
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 11:14:31 AM »
For starters, if you haven't already, make a new character that does nothing but AH. For example, if you play Alliance, make a Human character and don't bother questing it at all. Just run it to Stormwind and leave it at the AH. THis character takes care of all your buying/selling, all your other characters use the mail system to exchange goods to be sold with this AH character, this saves a ton of time.

Working the AH and/or resource gathering are the easiest IMO not that I'm an expert. I made some of my fastest gold selling glyphs but I'm not an end-game gold farmer, there may be plenty of better ways to make the $$ at higher levels.

I've also made quite a bit selling leather, ore/bars, and herbs. Guess it depends on what kind of $ per hour you would consider worthwhile. The nice thing about AH sitting is you can do very little if you are on a busy server. For example, Put up glyphs and disenchant all the greens and blues people put up for too little then sell the ingredients. I've bought plenty of greens for 3 or 4 gold, DE'd them then sold the materials for 30-50 gold. That's a fast profit, especially for the pain in the ass items that people need a lot of for skill training. Use your AH character to buy the items, mail them to your enchanter, then mail the ingredients back to your AH character.

Tip - if you don't already have it, GET AUCTIONEER ASAP!!! This is an indespensible add-on. While you're at it, get the Postal add-on as well. These two add-ons make life soooooo much nicer for the AH character. Once you start getting to know how to use ALL of the features of Auctioneer you'll be amazed at how easy it is to make gold with the AH.

I have a 30 dwarf that made a couple thousand gold in a few hours worth of buying out one of the Moon Fair (or whatever it's called) vendors every time I walked by my PC then auctioning off all the items.

Another tip - buy out items and resell with a markup on the AH. The trick is to use a dfferent character to mark up 25-35% then use your AH character to mark the rest up 15-20%. This makes your cheaper ones look like a good deal. The more expensive the items, the more money you make.

I'd love to hear from anyone more experienced than me though, I'm not one of those guys that hangs out at gold cap, I just always seem to have enough gold to get everything I need when I need it.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 11:30:40 AM »
Ah, did 12X switch gears to WoW?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 01:03:49 PM »
Traitors all! :'(

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 04:24:19 PM »
Ah, did 12X switch gears to WoW?
Hehe well not really switched. I play both UO and WoW about equally, maybe a couple hours of each per week. I've never actually played enough to get a level 80 done, nevermind an 85 lol. Plus I'm still pretty damned addicted to scripting ;)

X

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 08:04:42 PM »
WoW is a fad.  Look away.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 03:27:56 PM »
I don't play WoW anymore...  i now play LOTRO because tehy have free accounts. And you can play free all the way up to lvl 65 (end game right now)
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 08:26:59 AM »
That is along the lines of what I am doing now minus the enchanting stuff.  I am working up a Resto Shaman that I think I am going to put enchanting on as I have heard it seems to be stupidly profitable.  And have both of those add-ons...they do make life soo much easier.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 08:34:48 AM »
Heh, I was just thinking about you the other day. How ya been X?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 09:36:51 AM »
That is along the lines of what I am doing now minus the enchanting stuff.  I am working up a Resto Shaman that I think I am going to put enchanting on as I have heard it seems to be stupidly profitable.  And have both of those add-ons...they do make life soo much easier.
The only problem with Enchanting is that it can cost a ton to level but once you get there, even sub-300, you can make some good coin disenchanting or even selling mid-range enchants which you can do right on the AH now (could only do it in Trade at one point). There are specific enchants that are best for twinking and some of the popular twink levels make it so you don't need 525 Enchanting to make $$.

I found that leveling enchanting using the ingredients from disenchanting items I made with other skill training (tailoring was the one I did) worked out VERY well. I DE'd everything I made to train Tailoring, used those ingredients to train Enchanting, then sold the leftovers on the AH.

Anyhow, I think you've probably already exhausted my limited tips and tricks ;)

X

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 05:50:25 AM »
Heh, I was just thinking about you the other day. How ya been X?

Not bad, as you can see been playing some WoW as of late.

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 06:53:00 PM »
I quit playing wow about 4 months ago cause it was completely boring to me. I am currently sitting on over 600k gold and all 85's with exception of my auction character. Secret of my money making was simple. Find a market and corner it.

Big example i see on all servers right now - Inks.. People are freaking stupid by not taking time to find easy way to do things. I used to buy up all the ingredients to make the end bottles. Then i would take the end bottles and trade them down ( yes down ) to lower level inks and sell those. No one sells low end inks at all. If the market was flooded with high price resources i would go farm them myself and make the inks. But honestly, i would buy materials for say 14 to 25gp a stack. grind it down, make my high end bottles that are worth crap, trade them on a vendor in any city. Get low end and sell in groups of 5. I would make the money i spent on the first 5 bottles and pure profit on the other 15. I would rake that in hand over fist.

Find something that a lot of players are not selling and corner it is best advice - companion pets are mint. Get a character that can go to outlands and buy all the exotic pets for vendor costs and sell for 5 to 10x their value cause people honestly are lazy. They want instant gratification and wont take the time to read, learn, and do it.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 06:05:49 AM »
Enchanting was always good as well. I use to farm the vanilla and outland dungeons with my pally and then disenchant everything. The mats always sold well and would sometimes make certain lower end enchants because I could sell them for quite a bit for people working new characters and being cheap and not buying the higher end enchants. Potions and food always sold well too. I could usually buy the mats on the AH cheap and then sell the potions for a killing. I haven't played in over a year though so things may have changed some.

Tags: WOW  Gold