Author Topic: Selling resources to NPCs  (Read 6314 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Selling resources to NPCs
« on: December 15, 2015, 01:13:15 AM »
Heya,

I've got more boards than I care to admit, not from lumberjacking but from being lucky(unlucky?) at idocs. I've got a lot on a vendor but they sell for peanuts, under 5gp each, and I have 60k board deeds clogging up my bank now too. I noticed the Luna carpenter often pays up to 15gp, albeit he drops below 10 after a few thousand boards are sold.

Is there a sub tucked away in a script that can use a bank secure and sell resources 500 at a time to an NPC within range IF that NPC is paying enough? ie: sell as many as you can until the price falls below 10gp(or you get less than 5000gp for selling 500 boards)? It would need to place the gold in the bank as well.

Selling stuff to NPCs isn't new so I'm hoping there is a not so new but still useful script that could do this little task. The in game scrolling method of setting 500 as the number of boards to sell gets old pretty quickly.

Thanks in advance if you know of a script that can do this, no frills needed.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
Re: Selling resources to NPCs
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 07:06:19 AM »
I know this isn't what you are asking about but, at least until you find what you're looking for, Razor has a Buy/Sell Agent where you can tell it to sell X number of item x/y/z so when you hit "Sell" on an NPC it will automatically sell that number instantly. I use it all the time to buy regs, buy scrolls, buy cloth, sell bandaids, etc, etc.

If you are currently doing this by hand you will be greatly rewarded until you can fully automate it with a script.

Actually, you may even have luck setting up a Razor macro to even add some automation to it.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 08:34:58 AM »
Also search Mag for the people with stalls . Sometimes you get lucky and find them paying a decent price

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 01:28:15 PM »
Yeah I checked Magincia, there really aren't very many resource merchants there anymore, at least not buying. The stalls are mostly being used by tamers since the new lands opened.

I had forgotten that razor and uoassist had buy/sell helpers, I don't run either. I'll check those out. If they do what I need I'll use them but if not I'll write my own little snippet and share it here.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 05:53:28 PM »
If you're on OSI have you thought about cleanup points with them?

Offline Kandie

• Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Kandie has no influence.
  • a.k.a "Granny"
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 08:11:37 PM »
or turn in at the Library or Museum for items to sell......if on osi

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 12:03:00 PM »
I have buy and sell subs in my code library.. look in my script area to find it.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 01:18:31 PM »
I've used Razor to do this for an hour or so and it just feels a bit clunky, or not as fast as it could be, so I'm looking for a sell script at this point otherwise I'll need to write one. I'm sure it's been done however, I vaguely remember using a bod turn in script that sold off the cloth to an NPC so the sub is there even if out of date(it worked, mostly, but the gumps changed so it didn't actually sell anything).

I'll check out your subs now EN, thanks. What it needs to do is rather simple, I think.

- Find NPC
- Open bank box
- Sell NPC 500 ingots
- If gold received from NPC is above 5,000 (10gp per) bank it and sell 500 more ingots
- Repeat until gold received from NPC falls to 4,500 (9gp per) ;example price

Shouldn't be too hard but I haven't really worked with selling to NPCs in any of my own scripts yet so, we'll see. This could only be used with NPC's that are in range or with a recall sub that complicates it a bit.

Yes, I have thought about turning resources in to the library or cleanup chest but they don't pay enough. A baseline is 100 gold per point which would be 10 ingots so the ingot value is 10gp each. That sounds great but then you have to consider what to buy and sell with the points. Right now Dyes sell quickly and for anywhere between 2.5 and 4.5m but they cost 250,000 points. That would require 2,500,000 ingots be donated which, in turn, means a value of 1gp to 2gp per ingot. No other items sells as quickly and none fair much better in price. That's why iron ingots sell for about 2gp per on vendors in bulk. Suddenly that 45gp per offered by NPCs is looking very good :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 05:30:11 PM »
- Find NPC
- Open bank box
- Sell NPC 500 ingots

You will find subs for all of that in my library files.  (the bank stuff might be in a  different file than the buy_sell stuff)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline lydaan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • lydaan has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2015, 09:58:40 AM »
I can tell you what I did as a workaround, using UOSteam and EUO

Using steams built in vendor actions, I made a sell action of sell 999 ingots... this sells 999 ingots everytime sell is clicked on the vendor context menu
make sure the sell order is enabled, if you do this

then in EUO:
exevent popup *vendorid* opens the vendor context menu at contpos 0 0
then I just spam clicked the sell option for an amount of times larger than the iron ingots i have...

Code: [Select]
for %sell 1 25
{
   exevent popup eaxb
   click 18 55 f
   msg [gr$ ; server auto loot command... for picking up gold that drops on the ground
   wait 5
}

Offline lisaandmike

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • lisaandmike has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 04:40:26 PM »
I cant seem to find it in the snippets or the script library.  Can you post a more specific link please? 

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=2454.0 is the snippets.

Tags: