Author Topic: Advice for Repairing My Ailing Desktop  (Read 5774 times)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Advice for Repairing My Ailing Desktop
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »
Hey TM, yeah I read new posts frequently, just too lazy to log in lolz.

Lazy is a context I understand!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Advice for Repairing My Ailing Desktop
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 12:11:02 PM »
It was definitely memory. My money says that the original power supply was still good. The memory all passed mem check, but it has run for the last 48 hours with three sticks. Getting ready to cycle the remaining three through to see which is toast. It won't run with all six.

I didn't lose anything since there was nothing wrong with the hard drive that was removed -- plus I use offsite backup for everything...

I may poke around and see about upgrading the ram.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Tags: