Author Topic: CPU 30%  (Read 4441 times)

Offline The GhostTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
CPU 30%
« on: October 09, 2015, 09:53:00 AM »
I had recently install a new SSD HD in my laptop.   Had to reinstall everything.  what it ok.  What I can get my head around is why my CPU is often at 30%.  Event weird, I put it in sleep mode, just to heard the fan running and laptop back on.   What did I miss?

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: CPU 30%
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 07:55:55 AM »
Spy/Spamware most likely. Since it's a laptop it probably has a bunch of "helpful" features that call home for updates. Did you know your computer checks with microsoft every 15 minutes to update the clock? Did you know that your computer checks with Google about every page you are visiting so that it can check the page against google's list of dangerous sites? You don't even want to know how many other helpful things your computer does without you knowing...

A while back Google got busted turning on people's microphones and disabling anything that would tell you its on. They claimed it was in preparation for voice speech search but they were already recording what people were saying without them knowing. http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jun/23/google-eavesdropping-tool-installed-computers-without-permission

Your smart TV is also listening to every word it is in range to capture and uploading that to the cloud. They say they need to do that to be able to hear you give the TV commands. When it was revealed that they kept a copy of all recordings and they were worried about being sued they updated their terms when you buy a TV. Now they warn you not to say anything near your TV that you wouldn't want others hearing. http://www.cnet.com/news/samsungs-warning-our-smart-tvs-record-your-living-room-chatter/

XBOX One? Yeah, it video captured what you did with your girlfriend on the couch last month...  http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/5/5054400/can-your-xbox-one-spy-on-you

Your laptop have a built in camera? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2520707/FBI-spy-webcam-triggering-indicator-light.html

Own a cell phone? If so big brother knows where you work, who your friends are and where you do your shopping and you never even had to turn it on. How? Your phone was near your friends phones more often than strangers phone's, and it was at that place you work 40 hrs a week at so they know where you work... they don't even need to listen in to know what you're up to, they predict it just by learning your travel habits and destinations.

Anyway, I'm sure you're getting the point. Be happy it's only 30% :)

Offline The GhostTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 10:25:11 AM »
Hehe  thx for list.    None other of the laptop are having this issue.  I have turn may service.   I know I have something running , just can find it.  I have  no program turn on and the CPU go to 30%.  I know NT Kernel is responsible, because until it turn on I'm find.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 10:33:55 AM »
What version of Windows are you using? Could it be that you've had to re-index the Windows search?  Perhaps it's busy doing this and after a time this will complete?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: