Author Topic: while i work on header, i know i'll be using these subs in some form  (Read 6842 times)

Offline roadrunnerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • roadrunner has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: while i work on header, i know i'll be using these subs in some form
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 11:23:06 AM »
 :'(  As the old story goes, there is no joy in Mudville, for mighty Casey has struck out!

i let the script run, when it got to the library & opened the donation gump, i had my cursor hovering over 'pause' on EUO itself. when the gump jumped to 0/0 position i paused the script. confirmed coords, reading was 39 268.

this is where it gets Very Interesting!! we have, and i say 'we' because without you all i'd not be here, progress. it IS clicking the blue dot correctly because it's going into 'target cursor' but it's NOT targeting/ clicking the bucklers!!  so for several days now i've been misinforming you all by saying it wasn't hitting the button. it hit's the correct button, gets target cursor up, the "50" appears on the right hand side of the gump (across from bucklers image), and then the script gets a little, no other way for me to say, "confused" and after maybe 20-25 seconds of clicking the button & saying 50 it recalls back home & starts making more bucklers. yes, with the 1st 50 bucklers still in pack.
so now my quest begins to hunt down the 'click on buckler' & figure out why it's not doing it 50x before recalling home!!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 11:27:19 AM »
Are you using single-step debugging?  Whenever a script doesn't work the way I want, I generally place a "pause" command in the errant section of the code and then use F7 or F8 to single step through the code to see how it's actually working. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 11:35:45 AM »
TM, you & 1 or 2 more suggested i do that (F7) but i haven't managed to run across 'instructions' on how to set that up yet

but UOLugnutz really broke it down above (bottom post of page 1) and i'm researching this part now:

Code: [Select]
msg %TR_no_bucklers $
wait 10
until #weight < %TR_temp_weight

because the script is doing everything correctly now except the actual 'click on individual buckler' 50x per run

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 11:47:12 AM »
Well it's very important you get that figured out.  Once you do that, you can pretty much answer your own questions when it comes to "Why is the script acting this way?"

Like they say in Monopoly, "Do not pass GO, do not collect $200" until you get that set up!

There are no real instructions really.  When the script hits the "pause" command, you'll see the execution pause at that line.  Click on EUO window to bring it to top and then press F7 or F8 to see the cursor single-step your code.  You can see if it loops, and coupled with looking at the live variable update (Tools/Manage VarList) you can see how variables change on a line-to-line basis.

BTW:

F7 = Step into - means if you try to F7 over a gosub, you actually follow the gosub to the code
F8 = Step over - if you try and F8 over a gosub, the whole subroutine will execute and the next executed line you'll see will be right after the gosub called.

Like most everything else with EUO, you just have to figure out features on your own.

A bit more about the VarList:

When you select that menu item, it will pop up a window called "Manage VarLilst".  Scroll down to the end of the window and you'll see:

\Result Variables
#DISPRES
#MENURES
#STRRES
#RESULT

At the end of this window, add additional variables you might want to look at.  Do something like this:

\Result Variables
#DISPRES
#MENURES
#STRRES
#RESULT
\Mine
%variable1
%variable2
%loot_count

When you close this edit window, those variable will now be found in the right-hand pane of the EUO UI window toward the bottom.

The "\Mine" creates a sub-section and the variable names are grouped within the "Mine" collapse area.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:52:24 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 02:34:18 PM »
ok, i got the F7 & F8 working but i tried running it just ti flip through the script but it wouldn't let me past the 80.0 tinkering requirement, shut the script down all 5x i tried. i'll finish smelting the ore i've farmed ( 750,000stones worth) to ensure i had plenty ingots for the donations and then run it on a 'live' character and watch how it goes thru the donation part closely.

***UPDATE***
ok, took several hours for 2 GM miners to smelt that ore, lol (yes, scripted. some things i can figure out :D ) now i've messed w/ the F7 & F8 and results are on proper thread
http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=7750.30
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 03:57:24 AM by roadrunner »

Tags: