Author Topic: rock dropper for miners needs ground coordinates  (Read 5204 times)

Offline roadrunnerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • roadrunner has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
rock dropper for miners needs ground coordinates
« on: May 30, 2013, 06:13:26 AM »
 :D   ok, the apple sub worked out so nicely i thought i'd write a utility script for my miner toons to get rid of them pesky little blackrocks. this script does "work" but only when the character is moving. i can't find a page that details how to set a coordinate beside the character, so it would drop the rocks on the same tile over & over while standing still. if someone can link me the info source i'd be very thankful!!
Code: [Select]
repeat
findItem UVF_GWF_EWF C_ , #backpackID
if #findcnt > 0
{
       exevent Drag  #findid
        wait 10       
       exevent Dropg #charposx #charposy #charposz
        wait 10
}
until #findcnt < 1
halt

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: rock dropper for miners needs ground coordinates
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 08:55:42 AM »
Dropg doesn't work on OSI shards.  You need to give the #CHARPOSX or #CHARPOSY a bump by +1

repeat
findItem UVF_GWF_EWF C_ , #backpackID
if #findcnt > 0
{
       set %dropx #charposx + 1
       exevent Drag  #findid
        wait 10       
       exevent Dropg %dropx #charposy #charposz
        wait 10
}
until #findcnt < 1
halt

This code should be smarter because there might be a chance that it won't drop for other reasons, so you'll need to move the drop position.  This example just adds +1 to the "X" position.

Dropg work fine on RunUO servers....
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 09:00:57 AM »
thank you TM, i'll give that a try. it works great as is as long as i hit play and take off walking but when i've got 40-50 pcs in backpack, i'd rather just stand still and let them form a little "line" pile, granted after 15 or so i'll have to take a step to start a new pile.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 09:04:51 AM »
Yeh, OSI seems to check and see if there's something at the dropg location.  RunUO doesn't care.  So it does work when you are moving most of the time because your character doesn't actually exist in the spot by the time the check of the spot is made by the server (since EasyUO is really slow)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 09:37:38 AM »
  They give cleanup points! Trashcan em

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 11:45:35 AM »
my ultimate goal for this little utility is to walk inside my house, stop, click play, let it empty'em to the floor. on OSI shards the tiny blackrocks do not decay, in houses, nor on open ground. being in a private home keeps looters from stealing your stash. (i keep a few on hand for the emergency Exodus dagger need, rest get trashed for points)

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 05:12:36 PM »
Most of the mining scripts here deal with blackrock by trashing it in a trashcan.  Works great, set a trash can on your steps and dump them every second or third run.
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 07:26:48 PM »
He's Probably Saving them for the Exodus Keys.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 02:49:58 PM »
I wanted to make an amendment to my Rock Dropper. there are actually 4 types (maybe even more, who knows for sure??) of the tiny blackrock pieces. the 4th item type ID is "FWF" and below is an amended snippet for those on OSI using it.
repeat
findItem UVF_GWF_EWF_FWF C_ , #backpackID
if #findcnt > 0
{
       exevent Drag  #findid
        wait 10       
       exevent Dropg #charposx #charposy #charposz
        wait 10
}
until #findcnt < 1
halt

like i said at the beginning of this thread, the script only drops the rocks while character is moving. can be mounted or on foot, doesn't matter.  i am working on getting it to drop them on a ground tile, beside the character, and i'll post that when it's finished.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 07:15:21 PM »
If you put them in wood create,u can break it ans stack them all.   I have 6 boxes I believe and u only see 5 or 6 rock :)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 05:51:25 AM »
If you put them in wood create,u can break it ans stack them all.   I have 6 boxes I believe and u only see 5 or 6 rock :)
No kidding? I'll test this out. Would be an interesting bug if this were the case.

Also, just to confirm, yes there are 4 item types for the small blackrock you get while mining.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 06:39:37 AM »
keep in mind that one of the BR types is the same as diamonds. If you don't use an additional check you will be pitching diamonds as well as BR.

FYI, I have used the broken crate thing a lot of times. It indeed works to dump a huge pile of BR in a small space. BR does not decay, so you don't need to store it in anything.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 07:22:54 AM »
Good point on the diamond item type Paulo, forgot to mention that.

I figured the crate idea would work to dump a bunch on the ground at once, I thought The Ghost was saying that the blackrock would actually stack which is somehting they wouldn't normally do. Maybe I misunderstood.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 02:26:08 PM »
I am not sure they stack per-se. Using the busted crate trick seems to place the contents outside of the usual stacking process. If you drop them they stack up to a certain point and you can't place any more in that spot. When you break a crate they drop in such a way that you generally can't see them in the same tile locations you normally would -- but they still show up in an object search and can be manipulated. I have stored thousands of blackrock this way and then moved them by running a script to pick them up again.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 03:34:46 PM »
That what I was trying to said.  You load the create with BR ,place the create is a good location, you break it.   It the principal as the plant  stacking:)

Tags: