Author Topic: Magery Spellbook Icon  (Read 2554 times)

Offline dxromTopic starter

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Magery Spellbook Icon
« on: December 29, 2012, 12:03:44 AM »
Hey I tore this out of InsideUO and was wondering if anything could make the edges (black border) transparent. I wanna use it as an icon for a program I'm working on, but I don't want it too look dirty with a nasty silhouette. :>

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
spellbook2.bmp

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Magery Spellbook Icon
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 11:36:37 AM »
I'm not at home to try it, BUT you might be able to use Photoshop (and if you don't own PS, then I suggest gimp) http://www.gimp.org/
A lot less intuitive or at least hard to translate if you've used PS before and then try to go right to gimp.  Anyway, you can pick a color to become a transparent.  I'm not sure how well that will work because if there is black in the book of the same value, it also becomes transparent.  You may be able to fill the exterior black with another color, and then turn that color transparent.  If you're interested in trying, I can see if I can dig up the tutorial I watched some time ago to do this with gimp.

R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 02:52:44 PM »
if it just a pic of a spell book, you can use paint.  of just print screen UO and cut/paste ur spellbook.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 03:51:19 PM »
I'm not at home to try it, BUT you might be able to use Photoshop (and if you don't own PS, then I suggest gimp) http://www.gimp.org/
A lot less intuitive or at least hard to translate if you've used PS before and then try to go right to gimp.  Anyway, you can pick a color to become a transparent.  I'm not sure how well that will work because if there is black in the book of the same value, it also becomes transparent.  You may be able to fill the exterior black with another color, and then turn that color transparent.  If you're interested in trying, I can see if I can dig up the tutorial I watched some time ago to do this with gimp.

Yeah, I was afraid I'd have to do it myself :X Gonna fire up GIMP I suppose xD

if it just a pic of a spell book, you can use paint.  of just print screen UO and cut/paste ur spellbook.

Like Shaq, you completely missed the point.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 04:24:41 PM »
Alright, that was a lot less painful than I thought!

Here is completed .ico just incase anyone else has use for it :>

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Spellbook.zip

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)