Author Topic: Momentum Strike logic  (Read 3225 times)

Offline dxromTopic starter

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Momentum Strike logic
« on: March 24, 2013, 05:59:09 AM »
So I've been trying to make a method to logically scan mobs and determine if they should be Momentum Struck.

What I have so far is

Code: [Select]
finditem %target G_8
if #findCnt > 0
{
 if #findCnt > 2 && #findDist > 2
 {
  %target2 = #findID
  research:
  finditem %target G_1
  if #findDist > 1 || #findID = %target2
  {
   ignoreitem #findid 2
   goto research
  }
  if #findDist < 1
  {
   %tertiary = #findID
   %target = %target2
   %target2 = %tertiary
  }
  if ( %useLS = #true ) && && ( %spellTimer < #scnt2 ) && ( %target2 = %tertiary ) ;Dont mind the %useLS part
     gosub execMS
 }

Basically what I want it to do is, when it finds %target, search within 1 tile around myself for another target. If it finds a target around me, then I want it to attack the first target it found (range target) with momentum strike, which will in turn hit the target NEXT to me with momentum strike also.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Momentum Strike logic
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 07:46:41 AM »

Quick Question...  When there are 2 valid targets near you for M-Strike are you wanting to give a certain target type priority over any other?  If I remember correctly M-Strike will do 2x dmg to the monster you DIDN'T attack as your primary target (hmm IF you kill the primary I think...)   So if monster A is a mongbat & Monster B is an Unbound Energy Vortex the 2 things to consider would be which one are you more likely to hit so that M-strike actually goes off & also which one are you going to do more dmg too because I think the 2nd target just takes 2x dmg.   Anyway.......   I wasn't sure if you wanted to include that kinda logic or if you just wanted...

"if 2 valid targets near me M-strike"   heh.

It kinda depends on exactly how M-strike functions & I'm fuzzy on that atm.. heh

Offline dxromTopic starter

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 08:50:24 AM »
I want it to target something (like LAME does) and if there are more than ONE thing to target, I want it to find a secondary target next to me and use momentum strike on the ranged or first target.

IE

(Normal AI spam)
MONSTER A

===================>ME

(Use momentum strike)
MONSTER A <- use MS on this target

===================>ME
===================>MONSTER B <- MS also hits this target.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 09:35:39 AM »

Quick Question...  When there are 2 valid targets near you for M-Strike are you wanting to give a certain target type priority over any other?  If I remember correctly M-Strike will do 2x dmg to the monster you DIDN'T attack as your primary target (hmm IF you kill the primary I think...)   So if monster A is a mongbat & Monster B is an Unbound Energy Vortex the 2 things to consider would be which one are you more likely to hit so that M-strike actually goes off & also which one are you going to do more dmg too because I think the 2nd target just takes 2x dmg.   Anyway.......   I wasn't sure if you wanted to include that kinda logic or if you just wanted...

"if 2 valid targets near me M-strike"   heh.

It kinda depends on exactly how M-strike functions & I'm fuzzy on that atm.. heh

I like your thought process. I did not know that this is how this works, but I really like the possibilities.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 12:11:11 PM »
Heh... Thx Mass..    I don't do super elite crazy scripts, but my bad habbits serve me well (lack of library) in that it forces me to re-write stuff so often that I'm always re-thinking subs & considering new ideas etc.   The 2 recent thoughts I was kicking around were

1) Non melee character = Tamer or maybe Bard.   Using perfection with 50 Bushido & perhaps abusing light strike for the 50% HCI bonus to get 10 hits of perfection in a row (aka +1000 luck)  I think even if light strike "Fails" to "go off" as long as it was toggle red when you swung you still received the 50% HCI bonus.

2) Whirl Wind is a guaranteed hit on Targets in proximity.  So perhaps a low level summon or even a mirror image to use WW on and if you've honored your primary target that should count as a HIT for perfection I'd think...     

Anyway.. sorry for the Derail!

Tags: