Author Topic: HTML house signs  (Read 4714 times)

Offline ChainsawTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Chainsaw has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
HTML house signs
« on: December 01, 2012, 10:19:17 PM »
Hi,  i was running through malas looking for idocs acouple of days ago and i came across a house sign when i hovered over it the background color was blue and the font color was white.  does anyone know how to do this?  when i double clicked on the house sign it just said the name of the house,  didnt show any code.  also you can name runes this way to i believe because i have one.  any help would be appreciated

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: HTML house signs
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 01:14:21 AM »
since uo can use html colors, it could be possible those texts are html formatted..

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 05:09:46 AM »
This is actually no long possible. It was a really popular thing back early and pre-aos with runebooks, guildstone (names) and houses. Back then you could utilize HTML code, which required "<>" which are now changed to "()" when used to name items like house signs, runebooks, guilds etc.

However things that had already been named were grandfathered into the game, thus if you already have items named like that, unless you rename them, they will retain the name. This was a change made because it  was a means to scamming people with runebooks, altering their names to be something completely different. For example I made a couple runebooks that were called "a spellbook" and sold them for about 20m each a long time ago.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 04:27:39 PM »
This is actually no long possible. It was a really popular thing back early and pre-aos with runebooks, guildstone (names) and houses. Back then you could utilize HTML code, which required "<>" which are now changed to "()" when used to name items like house signs, runebooks, guilds etc.

However things that had already been named were grandfathered into the game, thus if you already have items named like that, unless you rename them, they will retain the name. This was a change made because it  was a means to scamming people with runebooks, altering their names to be something completely different. For example I made a couple runebooks that were called "a spellbook" and sold them for about 20m each a long time ago.

LOL I bought one of those back in the day but do not know where it is now. Then figured it out and bought several black books and did the same thing and named them "a pack of Marlboros"

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 04:54:08 AM »
Just a heads up, there is a surge of black background + one line of text books appearing on OSI servers right now. Someone is making these again somehow. Buyer beware if you're wanting to buy one!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 08:06:37 AM »
Picture of one?

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 03:00:17 PM »
I don't have a picture of it but I do know how they are doing it. They originally broke being able to make them by shortening how much text you could enter into the book title, not leaving enough for all of the html code required. There is however a short bit of code you can use and still have enough for a few letters of text on a colored background. All of them are 1 line in length, avoid those... worthless.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 03:06:37 PM »
code?
or pm  me details
Thanks
Gim

Tags: