Author Topic: Buying gold?  (Read 11940 times)

Offline BtownbrianTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Btownbrian has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Buying gold?
« on: November 26, 2015, 07:33:33 AM »
This may be the wrong place to look but Im interested in buying uo gold for cheap? I swear I saw somewhere for like .10-.15 cents a mil, I need to money to start new... lol

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Buying gold?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 10:08:11 AM »
Yeah it's the wrong place, I don't think anyone here sells their gold and if they do it's not through these forums.

There seems to be a lot of it for sale right now, a few rather notable names came up on ICQ as wanting to sell billions on OSI and they are clearing out their rares collections it seems. I'm seeing some price increases on things like messages in a bottle(fewer on VS) and clean up dyes(fewer on VS) that suggest less supply and likely a mass operation not running.

I've said this elsewhere but besides seeing true rares being sold off (see clops Luna place on Atlantic for example, tons or true rares on auction sale) I'm seeing some items that have likely been duped, like 2 story statues. I spotted a pair of 2 story statues on the steps of a small house the other day, there are definitely more of them out there now. If there IS a dupe then the rares market will take a hit and if major players are cashing out, quitting etc then supply and demand will shift drastically.

Buyer beware

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 06:40:58 PM »
What is the price of gold these days... I would have to check but I might have an excess billion to offload.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 06:49:09 PM »
I pay when I buy .15 a million Most 3rd Party  pages are around 22-40

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 05:38:56 AM »
I just saw a uogold.com book on the ground in Luna LS selling for $25/100 mil. This seems to be roughly the going rate for the major gold vendors at the moment. Like InsideOut, I've paid .15-.18/mil but have only bought from/through a couple of friends and it's been a LONG time.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 07:41:20 PM »
And to think it was $20 per million at one time, before a silly college student hooked up dozens of computers each running 10 instances of UO to milk a cloth selling bandage buying NPC for a few million per hour. I was shocked when they eventually banned him and took out a lot of people's accounts who had begun doing the same. The most popular trading forum on my shard ended up sold when the owner herself got busted and what I remember most about that was that she was also the strictest person you could meet and banned forum members just for hinting at something against the terms of service of UO, like selling gold which come to find out later she did herself, of course. She was brutal in shaming/banning people for much less.

Interesting read: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-confiscates-15-trillion-gold-from-ultima-online/1100-6153678/

A guy upstairs at Luna bank said "balance" about a month ago and he had over 14 trillion(with a T) on that one account, there's a screenshot of him floating around now. If he could cash out at .20 per he's looking at over 2 million in cash. Of course you cannot cash out that much gold, there aren't enough potential buyers to even come close. The game must be boring when you own one of every rare and can buy everything everyone on the shard owns twice over if you wanted to.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 07:43:31 PM by Gemviper »

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 01:29:54 PM »
When i last sold i was selling for .20 per mil.  Used to be easy to offload.  Haven't played OSI in a while so i would not know the going rate.  There are some reputable brokers out there that if you find someone and you want to ask whether they are reputable i would be happy to let you know.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 07:11:57 AM »
ive sold a bit from 15-20 mostly 17 range for bulk, i have some to dump at 17,

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 12:39:58 PM »

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 06:16:38 PM »
I sold some, back when it was $18 per million... in 2002  :'(

Then again I couldn't make 100m in a few hours of buying and selling, everything seemed to sell for 10k gold.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:18:48 PM by Gemviper »

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 10:53:46 PM »

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline HardY-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HardY- has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 08:50:45 AM »
i have 150m for sale i guess, for 0.15, but my account is locked atm due lack of payment :(, so if you want buy a 1 month gt for me and exchange for gold, just tell :D

I have some rares too, i want come back, so if i found anyone to help me, i think i can sell some items and pay some months.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:52:20 AM by HardY- »

Offline declo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • declo has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 12:02:57 PM »
CyberNickel has it at .19

Offline HardY-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HardY- has no influence.
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 01:11:33 PM »
CyberNickel has it at .19

and i can vouch for him, i allready bought a lot of thing with he in the last years.

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 01:34:03 AM »
I know it's a bit of an older thread but the name Cybernickel... we were semi-competitors selling runebooks on ebay forever ago, he was a good guy then too. I heard his son passed away not too long ago and it's rocked his world though, is he still in UO?

Tags: