Author Topic: Early bod observations post pub 95  (Read 15011 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Early bod observations post pub 95
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2016, 03:30:49 PM »
I started to re-write the value tables used in a popular bod sorting script to use the actual point value of bods instead of the reward names etc. I want my version not to care what type of bod it is(smith, tailor, tinker etc) and if I have the required skill level to just do them so I was going to build a sorter along those lines for fast processing. You know, some very basic sorting like...
Code: [Select]
if make: , #spc , 10 in #property
set %BodValue %BODValue + 10
if make: , #spc , 15 in #property
set %BodValue %BODValue + 25
if make: , #spc , 20 in #property
set %BodValue %BODValue + 50
if Exceptional in #property
set %BodValue %BODValue + 200
if Dull , #spc , Copper , #spc , Ingots in #property
set %BodValue %BODValue + 200
if Shadow , #spc , Iron , #spc , Ingots in #property
set %BodValue %BODValue + 250
if Copper , #spc , Ingots in #property
set %BodValue %BODValue + 300
if Bronze , #spc , Ingots in #property
set %BodValue %BODValue + 350
if Golden , #spc , Ingots in #property
set %BodValue %BODValue + 400
if Agapite , #spc , Ingots in #property
set %BodValue %BODValue + 450
if Verite , #spc , Ingots in #property
set %BodValue %BODValue + 500
if Valorite , #spc , Ingots in #property
set %BodValue %BODValue + 550

But after looking at the rewards table it's just not worth doing. If you want to sort the bods into the most basic groups you end up with Large, Normal, Everything else. If it's large put it in book A, if it's a small but normal put it in book B, everything else in book C. The reasoning is that the value just isn't there in blacksmithing to do large bods or small normal bods, not even if bribed. You get more cleanup pt value for the ingots alone by the time the bod reaches the 450ish range. Sure you could get MORE rewards by bribing and doing them but if looking at $$/time invested it's not there.

I could even reduce it to 2 books, trash and keep. It's 3 books because the large bods and small colored bods sell on a vendor so nothing needs to actually be trashed, some will sell. Save the resources for bods where there is actual value to be gained unless you really need more of a specific reward and don't care what it costs.

Anyway, for smithing, there's no need to rewrite or create a new script for sorting when pub 95 goes live. At most a small sub to filter bods for bribing could be added to pretty much any of the existing scripts. Even then, by DC 20 Exceptional you are already in the PoF reward range+ so maybe bribing anything from 460 to 625 so that you end up with PoF(450) + mining Gloves(200) at 650 pts or a copper runic(650) instead of PoF + junk worth no turn in points at 460-625.

Of course if you actually want to give up a little profit and go for things like valorite hammers, for example, and will be doing larges things get complicated a bit. Crafters just aren't burning valorite hammers to make items though so you'd be doing it for the cleanup pts.

Tip: if you are planning to go for valorite hammers which come from exceptional bods only make sure you keep any verite/valorite plate NORMAL bods too, valorite normal bods become exceptional bods when bribed.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2016, 03:44:32 PM »
What about bless deeds in tailoring?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2016, 06:50:40 PM »
Tailoring is a different beast, nothing good comes from small bods exceptional or not. The good thing about tailoring is there are fewer levels of materials so most bods are 1-2 bribes from being useable in a good large. Since that's the case it looks like it will be most efficient to keep only the large bods that give reward pts equal to rewards you want and bribe small bods to match. Bribing large bods is still not worth it most of the time.

Bless deeds and horned runics are still most desirable by actual crafters who use them to make items but, for whatever reason, many bod runners focus on barbed kits for the sale value. Find someone who is into barbed kits and give them your exceptional 6 part bods for their normal 6 part bods and you'll actually earn more.

I asked earlier what people planned to do with their bod runners, I have my answer I think. Turning in bods is a bit more complicated now that an extra step is in the mix, picking a reward or taking bank pts. Since churning low level bods in hopes of getting better bods is time consuming anyway even without the added step, and especially now that there are more bod types, it looks like it might be worth bringing the crafter skills up to 100/120 to get better bods right out of the gate. At 120 you get something useable roughly half the time, at 0.1 you are guaranteeing a small normal bod and extra time on the crafter to cycle the bods once before getting that same chance at a better bod.

85.0 skill looks good for smiths if you don't plan to do large bods, you don't get them until 85.1 skill still but after 70 there is a chance at both color and exceptional. Tailors look better at 120. I have a feeling most serious bod runner accounts are already maxed in skill to save time. Time is going to be the biggest thing now with extra bod types and an extra step during turn in.

No word yet on book lockdown numbers, many are hoping they take only one lockdown and have asked for that. Bod books don't work on test yet, they can't hold new types of bods and the lockdown value is unchanged. They just haven't finished fixing books yet. Either way, I have a workshop for creating items in one house and a second shop just for bod processing in another house... Bods still take up a lot of space.

Imbuing is a bit crazy all by itself, sooo many materials required! One house is full of mannequins for suit building and the other is full of bod holding vendors... I'd love to kick them all out, lol.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 07:05:13 PM by Gemviper »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2016, 07:23:25 PM »
Good Information - Thanks!

Offline moslet

• Activity:
    0%
  • moslet has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2016, 11:25:27 PM »
The following summary reflects the status that is currently on TC, as of Nov 13:

So I took some smithy BODs to TC and checked out their new points (Now vs Bank):
- all small BODs: bank 2%
- all large BODs: bank 20% (plate, chain, ring all have different Now values)

Fill a deed:
- BOD now has function to automatically combine items within any container. You just click your backpack and BAM! All items filled!

You can now toggle the BODs to:
- Banking Points Disabled: pops up reward menu, but you must choose ONE rewards until NPC is willing to accept new BODs
- Bank Points Automatically: this wont pop up any confirmation window; only pops up rewards menu
- Banking Points Enabled: pops up warning window (default to Yes; You click OKAY to bank it; then reward menu pops up)

Turn-In Now for reward:
Unfortunately, you can only get ONE reward. For example, if you turn in a large BOD that has 900 Now points, you wont be able to get two POF.
Once you choose a reward, the remaining points will be GONE! So, you'll want to choose the precise BODs for the precise reward you want IF you dont want to waste points.

So, the strategy going forward can look like this (to me anyway):
- BOD sorting: separate plates, chain, ring, non-armors
- small BODs: either bribe up low level BODs or trash them (there is no point to bank for just 2%)
- large BODs: this could worth banking if you dont mind

I think this new patch is gonna put a STOP sign to the whole BOD traffic. There's no point rushing in to fill BODs (unless you have unlimited resource and dont mind banking points).

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2016, 04:15:42 AM »
It's not going to stop bod running cold because it's a free system, people are willing to run a script to get 5 turn-in pts on Horn of Plenty stuff so they'll definitely keep doing bods. Most luna owners prefer to drop items into the cleanup pts chest because they deal in such bulk that it's not possible to sell the stuff. It's going to completely decimate the value of both PoF and shadow to bronze runics.

I highly doubt anyone will do any smith large bods unless they want valorite hammers, something actual crafters don't want. The only value in a valorite hammer is the cleanup turn-in value but it's just as easy to sell valorite, or drop that in the chest, for near the same return without the time commitment.

My take on sorting...
- 1 bribe below PoF or copper runic = Bribe
- more than 1 bribe away = trash
- anything worth a PoF or more is turned in for PoF unless it's worth a copper hammer and you need some for personal use.

PoF will fall to 20k considering virtually every exceptional bod can get one so I bet the value of high end ingots will fall and just get turned in for cleanup.

Turn-In Now for reward:
Unfortunately, you can only get ONE reward. For example, if you turn in a large BOD that has 900 Now points, you wont be able to get two POF. Once you choose a reward, the remaining points will be GONE! So, you'll want to choose the precise BODs for the precise reward you want IF you dont want to waste points.

Blessing in disguise, it makes scripting super simple since needing to spend leftover pts would have required evaluation and a mistake would have stopped the script cold. They made it easier to script with that change, almost as if they want to please scripters?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 04:19:44 AM by Gemviper »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2016, 12:39:53 PM »
Scratch the above, it's worse than I thought. PoF is great to use but it has no turn-in pts so if it's price is decimated it's not worth the ingots. Besides selling a few 250 charge kegs of pof the stuff is going to be too common. Right now you can sell all you get for 100k each but the new system will literally make the supply available x10.

Mining gloves = 50/100/500 pts for +1,+3 and+5 respectively. You can get those from any colored normal bod but the math suggests you will lose value even trying. Example: a normal 20 copper shield bod = 8x20 ingots(160) which is 160 pts worth of copper ingots so the +1 and +3 are at a loss.

Gold ingots are 2.5 pts which is where the +5 gloves start but 160x2.5 = 400 so it's a lot of work and resources for a 100pt cleanup gain. Agapite 10/15 also give +5 gloves but at 5pts per ingot it's a loss too.

The way to go with the new bod system, aside from stocking up on PoF and Copper hammers for personal use, is to toss the ingots themselves into the cleanup bin and spend the time doing something else. They made it easy to script but doing so ensures no value. Well played Mesanna!

Possible smart play: Give all of your characters 0.1 skill in blacksmithing and grab a bod for every cycle of the new yearly fair. Buy the items to fill it from the smith NPC(at 0.1 skill they are all for sale) and turn the bod into the tree so that all of your characters get credit if/when the tree is filled by others. When the tree is full everyone shares evenly in the rewards if they gave 1 bod or 1000 bods... it's an on or off system if the tree fills up.

I love the look of the new christmas boxes, and some are rare too.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 12:45:35 PM by Gemviper »

Offline moslet

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2016, 07:03:23 PM »
Yep, I guess I'm viewing this from someone that has limited resource and for self use only as a crafter. I've never thought about going that far as to turning in for cleanup points; the market is very much saturated. 

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2016, 07:37:59 PM »
7 characters getting 3 bods a day on 1 shard = 21/day
10 accounts doing the same = 210/day
all accounts doing it on 10 shards = 2100/day

2100 per day with 75% of those giving either a pof or gloves = just 1 guy killing the market for everyone. It's definitely more individual friendly and less mass production friendly. Still, if people don't think 5 cleanup pts is too little to do horn of plenty then they will not think this is not worth it either.

Offline BobOzarius

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • BobOzarius has no influence.
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2016, 12:59:54 AM »
The Horn of Plenty is easy to script, and free in a way that allows most anyone to make a macro to do it. Scripting gathering of bods and deciding which rewards to turn in for what and when is something most players are not able to script well. Luckily I am sure most people here can. I plan to write the mother of all turn in scripts for it. I have the smith and tailor part done, so I am sure that the rest will be pretty easy to do. Bribing wasn't too hard to do either. Just did it like a recall anything script, it recalls around and bribes up a bod to the best reward within 1-3 bribes. Shouldn't be too hard to map the rewards for other bod types and create it. Most of the rewards were posted on Stratics already in Excel format.

Offline moslet

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2016, 03:59:01 AM »
speaking of Horn of Plenty...why is everyone talking about this item & want one? I know what it does but never had the interest to mess with it.

help me understand lol  ::)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2016, 11:56:05 AM »
You can only get them in Nov each year and they recharge quickly. They give you items that can be dumped in the cleanup system for 5pts each and have up to 10 charges. Free pts = some have hundreds of horns...

They come from the huntmaster challenge reward system. They sell for 750k or so.

Offline moslet

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2016, 10:33:32 PM »
Well, the new BODs have been fun so far. I just cant get enough BODs!

For the most part, alchemy is the easiest (there are only so many potion types to prepare), and the dyes are popular.

Tinkering is alright as well. Small Agapite EX 20 will get you the PoF Keg, and these are very easy to get with bribe.
Some folks will also buy the Color Ore Maps. The rest are not so much. Just fill up the Large BODs and sell on vendors.

Inscription is NOT worth the effort, considering those dyes are spellbook-only, and the spellbook improvement tool (10 charge) is pointless. The demand for PvM mage isn't what it used to be. And you need to keep in stock of thousands of scrolls (magery, necro, mystic).

AS for cooking........it is just a KILLER. So many stuff to prepare and some materials are just hard to get.
Good news is that the apron should be easy to get (lowest level of LBOD).

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2016, 01:12:44 AM »
I wrote a quicky Horn of Plenty script and got myself a bit hooked on cooking again, the bods make it fun and the dyes are nice. http://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/cooking/cooking-bulk-orders/

It's a bit brain wracking to try and remember the material levels of all of these new bod systems. You can't get Dye from small bods and large cooking bods start with dough(210-450), unbaked pies(260-500), BBQ(310-350), Sweets(360-600), Magical(410-650), Miso Soups(460-700) and Sushi(510-750). Dyes are at 525 and 625 so you need to finish some upper end bods, unlike with smithing where PoF is virtually every exceptional small. Some ingredients are a PIA to get enough of.

I solid bribe/sort script that covers all bod types is likely going to take a lot of work to make.

Horn of Plenty: It's not just the turnin points people like, they also give you coffee plants that provide coffee grounds for other cooking recipes as well as the cool looking buffet and dining tables. The tables are 6 and 8 tiles long and come fully decked out with food, they look much nicer than most stone tables with various items locked down on them(and use less lockdowns too!)

Offline moslet

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2016, 01:17:50 AM »
Coffee grounds! So that's where it's from! Now I know  :P

Tags: