7 (36.8%)
Some fallout, less development and stuff
7 (36.8%)
A LOT - I bet the end is coming.
2 (10.5%)
AHHHH SELL SELL SELL IT'S THE END!
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Are our days numbered?  (Read 5215 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Are our days numbered?
« on: November 14, 2009, 03:11:41 AM »
NEW YORK (AP) -- Electronic Arts is reporting a loss for its fiscal second quarter in what's been a difficult year for the video game industry.

The company behind games such as "Madden NFL 10" also said Monday it is laying off 1,500 employees to focus on games that have higher profit margins.

There's some mention of perhaps 40% of Mythic being layed off.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Are our days numbered?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 04:49:40 AM »
I dont recon it will have much if any effect.. UO is a money maker.. all the equipment and assets needed to keep uo function are long since paid off. 

Its like printing money for them. 
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 06:17:47 AM »
They are at a loss cause they keep messing with need for speed and trying to make it a simulator game instead of its intended purpose!  Smashing cop cars!

UO I would say is pretty safe, its had a steady stream of customers for 12 years now.  If anything I just dont see so many patches/GM's present.

I think GM's are a rumor anyways, like a unicorn a mythical creature never been seen.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 08:20:12 AM »
combine this with that dorky note the EA guy wrote about 3rd party progies and speedhacks and i say it is over.  I  have always wanted speed hacks gone but the rest of the stuff like mining and macroing skills will be the end of UO.  With macro accts shut off.  ea will not make the growth mark set for Feb, in earlier letters, and will fail and shut down some or all of Uo

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 10:36:24 AM »
Analyzing the numbers, can they really go and turn off every account that thery detect is using some sort of script?   EA actually does not have any problem with people scripting, it is the 'Un-Attending Scripting/Macroing" they have a problem with.  How are they going to detect whether you are there or not?  They need to have a physical person mirror your character and then ask you if you are there!  That requires people again.  On the other hand, if they do go and close all of the accounts that they suspect of scripting, that would probably be close to 70% of the people playing -- a big chunk of change there lost. 

I agree! My problem is also with those who speedhack and try and take an un-fair advantage killing of other players for the sheer glory that they are the best PvP'ers in the world!

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline HardY-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HardY- has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 09:22:36 PM »
I think all uo players hate speedhack, so if they fix it will be a good thing. But macro idk, maybe will give more problems then solutions. Atm i have 6 acct active on ea, if i cant macro i will down to 1.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 04:54:04 PM »
I have 4 active accounts and 2 others that I turn on an off for different things. I am with hardy though if they cut us to not being able to script.  I will turn all off but the main account and maybe keep the 2nd account on and off with events and other items.

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 06:15:00 PM »
I have 2 accounts (well, one is TT really old account that I took over ;)) and he has 3 accounts. Sadly, I don't think we would turn any off, since he LOVES this game, even if it involves doing everything by hand
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 12:14:25 PM »
I have 2 accounts (well, one is TT really old account that I took over ;)) and he has 3 accounts. Sadly, I don't think we would turn any off, since he LOVES this game, even if it involves doing everything by hand
BLASPHEMY........SHUN the non believer..........Shuuuuuunnnnn!
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 01:07:12 PM »
It is not that we will all quit; it is that all macroers will be happy to keep playing with on or maybe 2 accts instead of playing with those one or two accts plus 2-3 macro accts..  That reduction will be the end of us.  Not us leaving but UO losing way too much revenue and having to say good bye or cut back on servers.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 08:05:23 PM »
I still have my happy home on Alexandria.  And just think I won't have to spend any more money on an expansion.  lol.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 10:37:09 PM »
I still have my happy home on Alexandria.  And just think I won't have to spend any more money on an expansion.  lol.

TM, I offered to expand you...!
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 11:05:37 PM »

Heh, thanks, but it's the principle!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 05:25:10 AM »

Heh, thanks, but it's the principle!

Even thow its been hard times all around... i actually think the sa expansion overall has been worth the price sticker. Ive been a bit reluctant to admit it .. but thier i dont it lol.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 10:22:12 AM »
I have to agree in some respects. The new quests have kept many people busy, and I have been hunting for ingredients to make TT make my new jewelry. I like exploring new lands, and usually dieing in them  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Tags: