Author Topic: Any way to break into locked doors on a public house?  (Read 5599 times)

Offline KalakaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Any way to break into locked doors on a public house?
« on: January 06, 2011, 07:52:18 PM »
I know there used to be like sandbagging and also ressing on the door, but neither of these seem to work for me anymore. Is there another way to break in?

I've tried editing the art files just to toggle off the impassable restrictions and such, resynching the client in funny ways while lowering my z axis, trying to make myself lag through the stuff, but to no avail. Also tried rubble stairs, but I couldn't get enough blocks and sets of stairs to really test this, although I did half check with interior staircases and it seemed to not work.. dunno.

Thanks.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Any way to break into locked doors on a public house?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 07:59:43 PM »
You know, I'm not sure I like this thread.  Some things I can get behind, but not breaking into houses.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 08:03:01 PM »
It's for IDOCs. Not to learn everybody's deep inner secrets.

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 08:05:20 PM »
Ah - well, alrighty then.  That I understand.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 08:06:44 PM »
since you were talking about IDOCs and looking for idoc scripts etc in other posts I am feeling okay about the discussion as long as the post stays in this format.  

they fixed the major bug that was leading to house looting with anyone security setting containers anyways, thank god I hated when peeps did this one.

one way is to get wandering healers to open the door.

if the rez ways with compassion and gift of life are fixed
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 08:10:03 PM by _C2_ »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 08:11:46 PM »
Wandering healers will still open doors? I thought that was fixed a while ago.. Maybe not, as I haven't tried it in a long time.. Will see about some way to get them to open it.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 08:28:55 PM »
Just keep in mind that we don't promote discussion publicly about bugs that can be used to grief other players.  There are other sites for that.  I'm assuming you were just trying to think of a way to get the house contents refreshed for an IDOC.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 08:34:53 PM »
I agree it's not what this site is all about - but I sure like to know what tricks other people use to protect myself from them. IDOCs  are fair game!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 09:04:02 PM »
Yeah.. for IDOC house only.. not to grief others.. although I could see how it could be used for that.

But while we're on the subject of public houses with private doors.. the houses that have vendors on the top floor but have locked doors so you just can't walk up and say vendor view are quite annoying..

Still looking for a way to get into IDOC house with locked doors, but not finding anything.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 10:22:23 PM »
I've recently been wondering if people had a way to look into either public homes with private doors, or even private homes entirely.

Reason for this is there are a few very heavy idocers on my shard, but they only seem to be at the homes that have loads of goods in them, private or not.  Seems that when a private home falls, and there is nothing in it, they are no where to be found.. Yet when one falls that is loaded, they are there and waiting for the collapse.

I guessed that they had figured out some way to see what was in there before the house came down, just wasn't sure.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 11:36:46 PM »
That's interesting..

I'm completely unaware of any way to see into private homes though.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 04:49:22 AM »
I am unaware of anyway to see into private homes, but I have also viewed the same as above. Ther are few IDOCers on my shards i play also and when the house is almost nothing to fall or little no one is there but the house that are loaded with crap these 3 or 4 are always there. It is like they already know what is in the private home.

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 06:10:24 AM »
They are secretly EMs and GMs! 

Conspiracy on!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 06:34:16 AM »
Haha. It's always possible.. They aren't allowed to create items and things like that for themselves, but looking into private homes? Who knows!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 06:43:07 AM »
Speaking of secrets. I saw info on a rumour but can not find reference to it again, but that richard garrett had purchased an account to roam around sosaria and see how much it had changed since he left it and that he wanted to see how his gargoyle city had come to pass.

Tags: