Author Topic: Any way to break into locked doors on a public house?  (Read 5600 times)

Scrripty

Re: Any way to break into locked doors on a public house?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 07:03:54 AM »
I gaurantee you that most developers have an account on UO.  Just like most of them have accounts on WoW.  They like to keep up with the competition.  Lord Brittish has had an account on UO since the beginning I'm sure.

Offline KalakaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 07:14:41 AM »
Yeah I bet he does.. Guys got tons of money. What's 12.99 a month? Lord british would pimpslap queen dawn.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 07:43:25 AM »
Yeah I bet he does.. Guys got tons of money. What's 12.99 a month? Lord british would pimpslap queen dawn.

Yea if he could buy a ticket to ride on the space shuttle to outer space or in reality our upper atmosphere he can afford 12.99 a month.

Offline lolsmileyfacelol

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • lolsmileyfacelol has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 11:47:46 AM »
I know there used to be like sandbagging and also ressing on the door, but neither of these seem to work for me anymore. Is there another way to break in?

I've tried editing the art files just to toggle off the impassable restrictions and such, resynching the client in funny ways while lowering my z axis, trying to make myself lag through the stuff, but to no avail. Also tried rubble stairs, but I couldn't get enough blocks and sets of stairs to really test this, although I did half check with interior staircases and it seemed to not work.. dunno.

Thanks.

have u tryed using the sacrifice virtue inside the house when ur dead?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 12:46:43 PM »
Nah man, cause you can't get through the doors anymore as a ghost if they're locked. They're marked somehow as being impassable. It let's you ATTEMPT to go through them but rubber bands you back.. Tried a lot of stuff but could never break that damn rubber band.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 12:59:03 PM »
I really think they changed it server-side so that your character location is checked with regard to the building first before you location.  If you fail the building check, then you automatically rubberband.  It's even more evident on RunUO.  So what I'm saying that for your X,Y location, it's going to be impossible now.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 11:41:46 PM »
You can always kill yourself and res inside the house with one of the various self res methods for public homes. (EDIT: TESTED and it doesn't work. I made multiple ad hoc attempts to bypass this with no success.)

Private homes, you previously could e-field yourself under wings of towers and bounce up.  In the past You stayed up there, then you bounced out.  Now, you can't get up there.  If you have another way to bounce up, that's worthy of discussion.

Improperly placed homes, same thing as the towers.  You also could get runes to inside keep courtyards and pop up, this also no longer works.

You need some way to bounce in and out to load the house content.  it would make it easy for you to prep your auto pickup scripts, which is what this info is good for.  Truthfully, I don't see how you can bounce your character without something that works to similar effect as fields did.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:17:51 AM by Omnius »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 11:51:14 PM »
I really think they changed it server-side so that your character location is checked with regard to the building first before you location.  If you fail the building check, then you automatically rubberband.  It's even more evident on RunUO.  So what I'm saying that for your X,Y location, it's going to be impossible now.

This is the conclusion I came to, after plenty of my own tests, and conferring with other people who do a lot of IDOCing.

Tags: