Author Topic: Any suit ideas for a mage useing lavalier?  (Read 6030 times)

Offline lordraithTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • lordraith has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Any suit ideas for a mage useing lavalier?
« on: March 08, 2012, 02:53:13 AM »
 I just finished my 1st imbuer after the runic changes. I didnt script it like i did with all my other crafty skills yrs ago, and i didnt imbue one thing untill after i hit 120. I ate alota sot's and broke alota shame loot, then ate the 6 points of pinks i had saved, and i was 120. So, as far as imbuing goes, im pretty new at it. I can make good jewels and weps but whole suits were confuseing to me before they added new mods to the mix.
 I have a lavalier ive been meaning to use for a while now, and i know i'd like to take advantage of the new mods, but otherwise im drawing a real blank. Even direction wise im not sure which way to go.
 Ive been thinking... useing spined kits i can get a 4% dci mod to start with on 5pcs for 20% dci built in. Or, I can use spined to get the 2-3% casting focus mod on my starter pcs. But then theres damage eater and that would be nice to have. So like i said, im really confused by all the choices, and any suggestions are welcome, wether specific suit plans or general pointers.
Hey, if the Mayan's were right... at least we dont need to xmas shop this year... being lazy pays off, in the end. :D

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
Re: Any suit ideas for a mage useing lavalier?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 05:36:45 AM »
I built a pretty decent gargoyle mage suit using a lavalier, but that was before all the Runic Changes.

I'd say your best bet as far as intensities go is to attempt to get one piece with damage eater 15%, then I would probably just straight imbue the rest of the Pieces.

When imbuing resists onto a suit, you want the resist on the piece of armor to be the minimum value for its slot that way you can get the most out of it.

For instance, if you have two pieces.

Piece 1: 10 Poison Resist
Piece 2: 3 Poison Resist

Both can only go up to 18 Poison resist, and Both Cost 100% of a mod to get there, but

Piece 1: +8 Poison Resist
Piece 2: +15 Poison Resist (Regular leather)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 08:15:23 AM »
Lordraith, you can get dci 5 pieces with spined kits also, rather than settling for 4's.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 10:39:22 PM »
 Thanks for responding :)

Manwinc, I've been thinking along the same lines i think, where damage eater is concerned. I know the cap is 18, but the cap per piece is 15, like you said, and i think thats prolly close enough to get the full bennifit as well. And thanks for the imbu tips, every little bit helps.

Wilk, I burned tons of spined kits (prolly 45-50) and 100's of Bronze and lower hammers the day reforge came out, and quite a few since. Out of all the spined, I got maybe 2-3 pcs that had 5 dci. There are alot of choices when reforgeing, and i didnt use every option, but i dont see the 5% mod as actually repeatable useing spined runics the ways ive tried. I dont use the reforge options that cause brittle or cant be repaired though. On the other-hand, the 4% dci mod has like a 50% chance, with 5 tool uses (picking one name, the one with aegus in it). Have you maybe found a method to get 5% dci from spined kits? I dont mind going through alot of materials, as long as it works.
Hey, if the Mayan's were right... at least we dont need to xmas shop this year... being lazy pays off, in the end. :D

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Wilk has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 05:45:15 AM »
I suited up two sampires, and 3 pvpers with hci or dci pieces. I want to say I used less than 5 spined kits total.

Choose "Powerful"
Choose "Grand Artifice"
Choose "Inspired Artifice"

For dci choose "Towering/of Aegis"
For hci choose "Vicious/of Slaughter"

You'll use 4 charges per hit.

I made the pieces two weeks ago, and I've messed around with a bunch of different options. You may be able to unclick the first option of "Powerful" and still rip out a bunch of hci5 or dci5 and only use 3 charges per use. I don't recall if I switch to the nonPowerful option. I've burned so many different hammers, kits, carp tools making different weapons and armor that it's all become a blur.

Regardless, you'll get your dci pieces easily.

As for your original question in this thread, after extensive testing last night with savvy pvp veterans, we determined the best way to utilize the lavaliere is with manwinc's suggestion. I was planning on making 2 fire and 2 cold eaters to go with the lavaliere for huge choke point fights, but to lose 4 mods for those slots wasn't practical for the hit points recovered. Also, if you're taking constant damage from someone, you will not recover any life until you get about 3 seconds of not being cast upon. Which equates to running away to get the benefit. One slot is fine to use imo. I'll probably do the same with my lavaliere.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 06:20:44 AM »
Yeah, the HCI +5 and DCI + 5 is Nice for Finishing up a suit(Thrower), and insanely good for heartwood if you can get +10 hci/dci, but other than that I view it as, more or less, a wasted Mod.

Just too many other ways to pick up HCI on most templates. Helmet, Gorget, Gloves, Talisman, Rings, Brace, Shield, Weapon.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Wilk has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 08:14:47 AM »
I used it for 2 samp suits (thrower and non). It fits fine weight-wise with stam 8/mana 8/lmc 8 pieces since you have 170 free points to play with for a piece like that. You can rotate in hpi 5 or fire resist 19 before enhancing.

I wanted to go with busty wood pieces, but lacked carp runics at the time when I made the suits.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 09:32:54 AM »
Is there a reforge chain for adding damage increase to armor?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 11:19:32 AM »
 More great responces, thank you all so much.  ;D

Wilk, from what you said, i'm starting to think the reason i kept geting 4% dci from my spined kits was due to greed. I didnt make anything with all those kits, i just burned them, to see what id get from them. But the way i did it, im thinking, must have only been good for low mods. i aimed for pcs with 2 mods, and im guessing thats the problem. Also, i havent used the damage eater mod, and didnt realise it gave life back, i asumed it was deducted from damage. So like you said, you'd really have to run for it to take effect. It doesnt seem as handy now. Not when you could have casting focus instead. I cant thank you enough for all the thought you put into this.  ;D

Cerveza, I havent seen/found a reforge chain, at least on the non-elite boards. But i would like to see/use one  ;D

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Wilk has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 03:52:04 PM »
Cerv there is no option to add "damage increase" to armor. You can reforge hci or dci onto wood and then go for a damage increase "hit" by enhancing with heartwood after though. You've got a 1 in 7 chance the di 10 lands. You also have the same chance at your piece being 10 hci. You can enhance before you imbu. Keep in mind that if the di hit, you'd only have 3 mod slots left to play with. The hci 10 piece seems a lot sexier.

Lordraith, I finished my new gargoyle mage lavaliere suit today. I decided that if I had to lose any of my original mods, then it wasn't worthwhile for the eaters. My mage suit originally had 18 hpr, and I fit the 18% all eater on there. I decided it was an absolute waste to use the laval of 20 kinetic eater if my kinetic would have been only 20 total. I don't use the ranger augment 3% kinetic eater on the suit. I decided to squeeze in an extra 10 kinetic on the suit, so I'd have 30 kinetic vs physical, and 18 for everything else. It was quite costly to design the suit, but I just didn't feel like having my lavaliere sit on my mule anymore.  :)

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 01:51:58 PM »
Is there a reforge chain for adding damage increase to armor?

For armor, no. Weapon and shield, yes.

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=9283.msg81049#msg81049

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 11:46:27 PM »
 Wilk... hehe, at least you were useing yours, mine's been sitting in a box for a few months. I hadnt thought about putting it on my garg though, my garg needs a suit anyway. I'm really bad at playing more than 1-2 toons per shard though, so alot of my toons get neglected. I have toons on 12 shards, but im mostly playing on GL and legends right now.  ;)
 Btw, you get 10 DI, but only 5 HCI from heartwood - the important thing is niether mod counts tward the 5 mods you can imbu on the piece. Their totally free mods at least basiclly, there may be a small points deduction from the 500, but does not count twards mods used.
 I'm working on a new sampire suit right now too. I'm going with mace and shield glasses, 3 hci pieces for 15% hci, and 2 DI pieces for 20 di.
 I made a bunch of what i call blanks yesterday. Those are pieces with either HCI or DI and all the resists are 12 or lower, so no mods used. To get 5-10 of each piece, with each mod, so id have a few each to pick thru, took me about 30k heartwood and like 10k bark - yielded about 75 total "keepers".
 After trying the options together that would get me 15 HCI and 20 DI, i was able to get the resists to 70/33/63/68/61 in vamp form before imbuing. Its my first time imbuing that kind of suit too, but im told thats a good start for resists. I'll be adding resists, Mr 2, and lmc to each piece, and stam inc, and mana inc to fill.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Wilk has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 07:46:41 AM »
Yes I know you only get 5 hci from heartwood. What I meant was that I want to reforge 5 hci first on regular wood armor with an oak runic, and then dice roll an hci 5 hit chance to it with heartwood so I can hit 10 hci.

I was talking about enhancing before I imbued, hence the fewer mod slots. It's less amazing overall since the 10 hci would take up 1 mod slot, but cheaper than powder of forting everything up, imbuing, and then either busting the piece/wasting a charge of forged metal of artifacts/or just missing the mod you wanted.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Wilk has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 10:44:58 AM »
Update: Alright, I just tested it for an hour on test center. I reforged multiple hci 4 and hci 5 wood pieces using an oak kit. I then attempted to enhance with heartwood before imbuing. Every time I successfully hit the hci mod from heartwood there was no change for hci on the item. The item kept it's reforged hci 4 or 5. The only thing that increased was the resist, and the item kept it's original weight.

So much for enhancing to hci 10 pieces. I was able to enhance di onto the forged hci pieces though, but unfortunately it takes up 2 mod slots. So if you enhance before imbuing and hit di 10, and then imbue with those 2 mods + stam8/mana8/hpi5 OR stam8/mana8/lmc8 you'd end up with a piece of armor that is 393 total weight.

So you'd have to decide if the wasted 100+ weight in points is worth the trade off. Most people would say no I'm sure.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 11:52:25 AM »
Right on Wilk, i actually started out trying to reforge then enhance. im a bit of a high-on though, and missed the reforge step when i went to do it. i made a ton of keepers out of plain wood, then tried enhanceing and broke every piece. so im kinda glad i didnt reforge 1st. my plan was to get 3 starting pieces with the hci and 2 with di, all with 5 dci on them from reforge.
 When i noticed i had missed the reforge step, and had broken all the pcs i wanted to enhance, I just started over useing heartwood from the beginning. Just to be sure, i tried to reforge after, but thats not possible. I'll still end up with a very nice suit, but nothing i couldnt make before the reforge changes.
 I script lumberjack, and saws, and have gold, so its not resources that thats holding me back. But it literally took me 2 days to make the pieces i did make - I really cant imagine how long it would take to get a win for resists, the hci or di mod, AND the dci from reforge all on the same piece, and have a few of each to choose from to build a suit. That said, im not done trying, it just turns into a back burner type project for me.  ;D

Tags: