Author Topic: Nevermind, I closed my account!  (Read 21432 times)

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Nevermind, I closed my account!
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2017, 07:56:14 AM »
+1
Update: Blizzard doesn't release actual sub counts anymore and they use "hours played" as a metric, not accounts paid. This is a picture of a slide from one of their investors meetings in May 2017. People spent over 40 BILLION total hours playing Blizzard games in 2016, that's insane. While Blizzard is doing well with all games combined and the last expansion edged out the previous one the concensus is that they are holding onto a lot of accounts via their tokens for gold scheme and the game feels much less played.

https://imgur.com/a/6yHzi

UO and DAoC remain my two favorites, DAoC rocks in all the ways UO doesn't and vice versa. Try it out!

edit: 40 billion hours = 1666666666.66666...  days. I told you Blizzard was evil, 666 to the max!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 07:59:08 AM by Gemviper »

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Nevermind, I closed my account!
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 08:27:14 AM »
+1
A friend of mine talked me into trying Overwatch.  I bought it but haven't tried it yet.  I'll be adding a bit to those number.  Hopefully not too much; games just don't have that effect on me anymore.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: