Author Topic: What is Inactive Submissions?  (Read 12275 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
What is Inactive Submissions?
« on: May 15, 2011, 03:12:23 AM »
+1
Welcome to Inactive Submissions!

In an ongoing effort to bring better organization to the script submission and approval process we have added the Inactive Submissions board.

This Board will be used moving forward as a "bucket" for holding scripts that have been submitted to "Script Submissions" but who's authors seem to have become inactive or have simply stopped development of the script. There is a ton of excellent code and ideas here which would be a shame to lose so it was decided that, for now, we would hold on to the work rather than purging it with the hope that other's can still benefit from the efforts or that the author's will return to pick it back up.

The process is still evolving thus the rules are always subject to change, however we will start with the following:

1) A script from the "Submissions" board that has gone "unsupported" for 90 days or more will be moved to "Inactive Submissions"
2) Once a script is moved to Inactive, further discussion within the script's thread will be available only to Moderator's and Admin's (permissions are still being worked out so this may not be perfect at first)
3) If you are a script author and find that your script has been moved to Inactive but you would like to pick back up on it's development or remove it from the site alltogether you can contact a Moderator or Admin to have it move back into Submissions or simply deleted.
4) The decision to re-activate an Inactive script is at the Moderator's or Admin's discretion
5) If a script has been moved to Inactive and you would like to take over the support and development of the script but are not the script's author, you can contact a Mod or Admin to have it reactivated. This will require that the standard ScriptUO rules for taking over another's work have been followed, namely appropriate permission from the original auther or reasonable attempts at obtaining such permission, and is also at the Mod or Admin's discression.

Note - this board will house only inactive scripts from the Submissions board, not from the script library itself.

Hopefully this step will help us in our effort toward developing a more understandable and usable script submisison/approval process and will be the first of a number of changes to come!

Keep those submissions coming!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night