Author Topic: Obligatory Greeting!!!  (Read 3532 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Obligatory Greeting!!!
« on: March 09, 2009, 07:26:51 AM »
Hey all, just checking in to activate full access.

-P
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Obligatory Greeting!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 08:46:50 AM »
Well, at least you're honest.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 11:02:16 AM »
well technically now its only 98% access, if you keep the posts up you might start to see other things start to appear, Its Nothing to "Shout" about though :P

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 08:52:38 PM »
Fair enough. I am pretty impressed so far.  I have found two EUO scripts that I was working on perfected to a level I could not have hoped to program, so that was nice.

I won't be as much of a wise acre going forward.

-Have a great day!

-P
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 08:22:20 AM »
So its been a month since I tracked down this website and I wanted to give a little public feedback.  I have been playing UO for about ten years, but I only discovered scripting two years ago. I had always had the impression that scripters were loser cheats employing hacks to kick my butt in PvP. I was wrong in that impression. What I found when I started going to easyuo.com was that it made UO fun for me again. Scripting took the tedium out of the intellectual challenge of developing characters and resources that I had always enjoyed. I could do all of the character development and crafting I liked, but could never find time for.  I am late enough to the game that most ideas I had for scripts have already been written, but I started reading the tutorials and playing with scripts to fine tune them. There is not much by way of community at easyuo.com, but I was able to dig a lot of value out of the information and scripts there.

I was initially skeptical of TM's post requirement, I thought it was sort of corny. After a month visiting the site I am happy to admit that I had the wrong impression there too. TM and the other experienced programmers posting here are taking an active role in helping people use and develop scripts. How many places can you go and have people with similar interests take an active roll in helping you learn?

Just wanted to give a shout out to show my appreciation and thought this was an appropriate place to post my thanks to TM & Crew

Have a great day!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 10:55:00 AM by Paulonius »

-Mario Andretti

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 08:42:41 AM »
Now that wasn't so hard.

:) Nice to see someone actually recognize the intent here at SUO.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 08:53:24 AM »
Thanks for that, Paulonius.  Our intentions are pretty much just as you describe.  Sure we have scripts that can really automate your life, but if people are willing to actually learn the craft, then we're glad to help their understanding.  There isn't much we can do here to prompt the community out from under the rock, but insisting on a good introduction does tend to bring the creme to the surface.  Trust me, I was a serial-lurker at EUO.  ;)

Oh, and thanks for your contributions too!  I have already included your revised disclaimer into the Stats Trainer I recently released.

Who is this TW guy anyhow?  :p  TrailWix? heh
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 08:54:59 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 08:58:30 AM »
TWelveTWimesTWover? TWerveza?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 09:33:35 AM »
Thufferin Thucotashth!!

Good stuff Pwaulwonius! You hit the nail right on the head as to why I hang out here, even when I'm going through my intermittent UO "sabbaticals" (ie, when I'm engaging in obsessions other than UO). Easyuo.com is a great place to read about UO scripting but SUO is a great place to discuss UO scripting  ;)

TWelveTWimes
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 10:53:05 AM »
I would blame it on a twypo, but twas twoo consistent. Definitely some hard-wire issues in the noggin.

-Mario Andretti

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 05:27:32 AM »
I just recently passed my one year anniversary hanging out on SUO and wanted to revisit the new member board to reiterate that there is value in the new member post requirement. 

No one is a better advocate than a convert:  as you can see from my first post I didn't entirely appreciate the value of the post requirement when I first came to the site. Lucky for me, TM was not yet requiring much in the way of introduction, or maybe I slipped through by being enough of a wise ass.  Either way, I am glad I did.  I have had a lot of fun sharing with the SUO community, played with some very cool scripts, and even learned to write a little myself.  (I am still a hack, but I can get some things to work.)

So if you want to join the community, throw up a thoughtful post introducing yourself.  Then stay in that mode, share what you can, learn, ask questions, answer questions when you can, and enjoy yourself. 

Thanks again TM, its been a fun year!

-Mario Andretti

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 09:27:24 AM »
Heh, yes, Paul was nearly lost at the beginning.  I'm very glad he decided to join into the conversation!  ScriptUO has been online now for 2 years and it's going strong.  I think the site birthday is in a couple weeks.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: