Author Topic: New base system - help needed ASAP  (Read 9725 times)

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: New base system - help needed ASAP
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 09:43:02 AM »
When it comes to SSDs you should only get one that uses an Intel controller (such as SandForce). One of my computer engineering professors worked on SSD controllers for a few years and said that most of the other ones on the market are CRAP compared to an Intel controller. So when I finally bite the bullet and get one, it will definitely be an Intel (or Intel-controller) one!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: New base system - help needed ASAP
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 08:31:08 PM »
Ok, here's where I'm at:

Going into my son's PC from my current PC:
ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor
8GB DDR3-1333 Dual RAM
GeForce 8800GT Video Card

Upgrades to my son's system:
ASUS 23.6" LED VE247H MONITOR
RAZER NAGA HEX LZR GAMING MOUSE

Replacement part in my system, already purchased and in hand:
GIGABYTE GA-F2A85X-UP4 FM2 ATX
CORSAIR 8GB VGN 2X4 D3 1866 DIMM   

Ordered:
AMD A10-5700 Trinity 3.4GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 65W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU)
Enermax ETS-T40 T.B.SILENCE CPU Cooler With PWM Twister Bearing Fan

I had one hell of a time getting that Razer Naga Hex software to work. They use this thing called Synapse 2.0 and it stores settings online instead of on your PC. It would not recognize the mouse no matter what I did. I spent about 2 hours loading/removing software and rebooting. I finally got it working by doing a manual firmware upgrade to v2.something. After that it recognized it.

I'm a Logitech man. I dig my Logi stuff. This is the first Razer product I've ever purchased. I was not pleased with the failed setup. I'm great at online searches and it took me over 2 hours to find a resolution to the problem, and a LOT of people have the same problem.

My son really digs it though. So I'll get him the Keyboard that matches it.

I expect parts early this week. I'll probably do the installations on Friday.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: