Author Topic: Unraveling Evaluator  (Read 4513 times)

Offline KaliOfLSTopic starter

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Unraveling Evaluator
« on: December 13, 2012, 05:09:57 PM »
I'm looking for suggestions on what sorts of functionality anyone would like to see with an openEUO unraveling evaluator.  The system would not be menu driven but if someone can pose a reaallly convincing reason to do so, I may make a setup script that creates a save file using menus.  This would not be meant to be a conditional looter in the sense of something like the CLAw.  Rather I already took what I wanted- now what can net me some relic frags or if you need it, essence.  It would be written in a way that I provide a really simplistic driving program.  Maybe one where it searches an open container, bodies in a 2 radius on a defined hotkey, or let's you target a pouch in your house and pull out a specific range of scores.  I would, since I've already written it for my sake, also provide a debugging unraveling script that will unravel each item at a time in a specified container, print the properties and the assigned score, unravel and output the product.
------------------------
Item Properties
score 421 Expected Relic
recieved 1 relic, 0 essence, 0 residue)
------------------------
Next Item in bag
------------------------

The reason why I am doing this is because I am currently under evaluating items.  Unfortunately, the day I got to test it was the night before the forced patch, so I am stuck for now.  I want to assemble data to find out which property it is that I am not crediting enough.  I didn't have anything score above 421 (30 for garg + royal soul forge, default is 451 for frag), everything that scored between 181 and 403 in my pouch and as expected, returned an essence.  However, when I unraveled everything below 180, I received about 30% essence.  This was before I wrote the above tidbit to unravel one item at a time and count the resources obtained from it.

Currently, it does not recognize artifacts, like I wasn't intending for this to be a loot script- but from what I can tell, and comparing it to a list on stratics, it actually evaluates artifacts pretty good.  I think some were scoring in the 600 and were on the relic list and some below 420 and were on the essence list.  With that being said, it *could* recognize artifacts and become a peerless looter designed to first grab artifacts and then start grabbing high unravel loot because of the way the parting works.

Code: [Select]
for k,v in pairs(ItemIds) do
   local t = GetProperties(UO.Property(v))
   print(t['Item'])--would be the artifacts name or 'bracelet' or something like that.  I make a key holding the name of item anyway.
   print(t['Score'])--unravel score. 
end

Just to be clear, t would return more than that, it would be a parsed key/value pair of the item's properties a lot like Kal's over on oEUO, but some modifications and a different parsing format that allowed me to create an unravel score.

Anyway, any input on functionality as I get ready to do some debugging when we have an updated UO.dll for oEUO might make its way into it :)
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline kr1z

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • kr1z has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Unraveling Evaluator
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 03:22:02 PM »
If you *could* separate the loot out like you were saying that would be pretty nice. So if I have artifacts to grab from a peerless boss they would go into a specified container and the rest of the unravel loot would go into a different container.
IDOC - PEERLESS - CHAMP HUNTER

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 07:03:47 PM »
I've basically got it worked out.  My algorithm is a little off, and I haven't had time to hunt down why I'm over scoring wands and a handful of things. 
As soon as I sort it out, I'll release it.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline Norad

• Activity:
    0%
  • Norad has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 11:13:37 AM »
I had a Guild master on Pandora that  is Registered here.He has made one of these looters that does exactly this. If he sees this post maybe hell lets us in on it.(I don't want to bust him out)So my friend remember me? ;)

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 11:20:45 AM »
I'd like to offer an alternate approach:

After unraveling 10,000+ items under the new loot system, I've found that it is best just to take everything labeled "Major Magic Item" or above.  Using that approach, I have worked out that between 33-40% of items I unravel will be relic fragments.  0-1% will occasionally produce residue.  The remaining ~60% will be Enchanted Essence.

Using TM's cLAW intensity evaluator (which I believe is still beta), I found that I could get relic frags off items as low as 400, depending on the properties and what type of item it was.  A cursed item of XXX intensity *appears* to unravel differently than an identical item without the curse, but I can't prove that to my own satisfaction.  Doesn't come up often enough for reliable testing...

In any event, this method is much easier than parsing all those variables.

Just a thought.

Offline Norad

• Activity:
    0%
  • Norad has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 11:24:38 AM »
I wish i could help you make it I dabble with scripts and they are very hard sometimes. :'( i hope you figure out it soon it seems your Nemesis ATM.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 01:39:04 PM »
Well, Awesome that you say that NObama,  My item parser actually creates a keys on that as well. 
If Item['Greater Magic Item'] then
   --loot that shite
end

Actually, My item parser would score those pretty high anyway, probably grab it.

Well, I only work on the looter when I hunt/treasure hunt, and UO has been more IDOCing for me lately.  Heh.  Anyway, The looter works, and the scoring is 'close'.  I way overestimate magic wands and am pulling things scoring around 430-460 that aren't scoring as many relic frags as I would hope.   The problem is a lack of data on the subject.  I used uo guide, but haven't been able to nail down a few things like 'self repair' for isntance.  I am starting ot thing either 'mage weapon' or 'spell channeling' doesn't count on the wands.  Anyway, I'm trying to hammer it out.  My plan is this:  Collect NObama style loot.  Get about 6-8 chests full of gear I don't want/need.  Then rewrite my unravel to unravel an item and create a table for those that did not result how we want them too. 

One thing I fear is that there is some sort of 'random' modifier based on luck or something during unraveling. 
I'll then iterate that list and identify a specific property / (or maybe 2) that are present in all of them, and then adjust the weighting on those.. until I get it right.

Item | Properties | Score | Individual Property Contributions |
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 04:44:42 PM »
That's interesting.  I don't think 'Self Repair' is counted in unraveling weight, because that property doesn't exist in the imbuing system.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 05:02:04 PM »
I just need the data.  Hence my recent questions about shameless farming.  (see what I did there?) 
Then I will sort it out.

Yeah, I know but there are also other properties that cannot be imbued but some how must count towards unraveling.  I swear I read it somewhere that they do.  Maybe I'm crazy.  Maybe I'll remove 'self repair' from the list and see if I get it better...
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 

Tags: