Author Topic: Assist UO Will not be updated!!  (Read 14500 times)

Offline gimletTopic starter

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Assist UO Will not be updated!!
« on: October 16, 2013, 01:18:01 PM »
A real bummer - Assistuo will not be updated according to a post at the runuo forums.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Assist UO Will not be updated!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 02:11:49 PM »
Quote from: Kraz
Hey guys, it has been a while now since we joined the RunUO team with our project (known as AssistUO). Within 1 year we managed to create a great product, we are very proud of it and we want to thank you for helping us, reporting bugs and testing stuff, it has been an amazing learning process but unfortunatelly Diego- and I cannot continue developing AUO.

Having fun was our goal, we had enough, it was always a hobby for us but we were not happy about a couple things not to mention it is very time consuming... we have other projects in mind (not Ultima Online related) and we cannot afford the time required to keep coding for AUO anymore so we will give access to someone willing to keep it updated * Diego- changed his mind on this... read his post below *

Releasing the source code would bring harm to the entire UO community and honestly this isnt what we want so probably someone from the RunUO team will keep it working properly and make improvements - like Razor.

AssistUO is stable and mature enough, I'll be releasing a stable version this weekend, just finishing a couple things. Oh, we are also very sorry about things we've promised on "What's next?" thread that did not get in, I hope someone can code it later for you.

I'll probably be around from time to time, but you deserve active developers :)

Thanks again!

Posted 12 days ago. http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/stable-version-and-goodbyes.534875/

Welp, that was short lived. If they don't fix it for yesterday's patch then it's probably gone for good.

Kind of sucks we're going to be stuck with Razor again. (Whenever it gets fixed also)

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 08:25:34 PM »
Wow.. This Sux.....  Makes me wonder why Diego doesn't want the source out there so that AUO can continue to be updated.  I just had to see such a nice tool starting to grow on people & then get taken away.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 08:36:29 PM »
Seems to be there is some dyfunction in the RunUO family.  Been wondering what the skinny is over there for quite some time.  Thankfully I never adopted AssistUO, but Razor doesn't seem to be in much better shape.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 04:49:40 AM »
Kind of sucks we're going to be stuck with Razor again. (Whenever it gets fixed also)
What's wrong with Razor? Is working fine for me right now.

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 09:36:50 AM »
Hopefully the new project, "RazorAssistUO" will be managed by adults who understand that people will come to rely on good tools and should make arrangements for the inevitable, "gee I'm bored", or "My feewing are butzhutz".  I get so tired seeing this happen over and over again in this community.  I don't believe in open-source for things like this, but authors must make arrangement for their code to continue.

Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline xeres

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • xeres has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 09:01:58 AM »
this doesn't surprise me at all tbh.  Seems the drama llama pokes its head up over at RunUO every few years...lol

I never really liked AUO since i started back again anyways.  the macro system was more powerful, but a complete pain to work with...

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 09:51:04 AM »
I really enjoyed AUO and still will use it even if the backpack is broken, I am just forced to run EUO always now at the same time.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 09:52:53 AM »
and the sad part is a lot of razor is broken now also.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 11:21:49 PM »
So... My pots macros and anything item specific are now crapped out and the Object Inspector isn't working...  I'm not surprised that it's all toast, but just wondering if there's any clever way to get around this or should I just go back to UOA heh?

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 11:43:31 PM »
Unless Kraz and Diego- are willing to patch in the changes then no. It sucks to see that less than two weeks after they announced that the client is stable and that they are walking away from it, that if it dies it dies, it actually died.

So it's really up to them.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 05:18:09 AM »
I keep hearing this but I haven't run into any issues with Razor other than the fact that it hasn't been updated with any of the more recent skills. What's broken?

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline likin998

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • likin998 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 05:29:28 AM »
i have feeling the UO patch has something to do with the assistuo announcement :P

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 10:53:15 AM »
I keep hearing this but I haven't run into any issues with Razor other than the fact that it hasn't been updated with any of the more recent skills. What's broken?

X
did you try a macro of an item in backpack?

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 10:55:44 AM »

Tags: