Author Topic: Shards Online  (Read 5956 times)

Offline PearlsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Shards Online
« on: May 14, 2014, 10:04:52 AM »
Just got live on kickstarter since yesterday. Early bird gets the worm :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1468280928/shards-online-a-customizable-sandbox-mmorpg
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
Re: Shards Online
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 10:40:42 AM »
"sandbox" seems to be the new fotm lately.

I guess the era of "wowkiller" is over!

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 10:50:53 AM »

WoW is going to grow old and die one day.  It's already starting to smell a bit mothball-like.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 09:42:25 AM »

WoW is going to grow old and die one day.  It's already starting to smell a bit mothball-like.

Possibly but people still say the same about UO. WoW and UO are the only 2 games that I go back and forth to.

I think it will be interesting to see what happens with Shards. I am also curious about how much of the current UO player base they are going after. They are using the god mode (or whatever it is called) view like UO as opposed to the standard 3D view like WoW, Rift, SWTOR etc.

Offline PearlsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 11:28:53 AM »
They are using the god mode (or whatever it is called)

Isometric view :) But they also made the backpack isometric, which imo looks awfull hehe
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Tags: