Author Topic: Future Stealth Script writing Maven  (Read 4518 times)

Offline CushTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Future Stealth Script writing Maven
« on: June 03, 2014, 07:31:27 AM »
This is your once in a lifetime opportunity to answer all the stupid questions knowing that your time and effort went into creating a scripting Maven.

ok just kidding.

I do have a few questions now after having gone through several of the tutorials these are basic in nature I sure I will have more complicated ones next week. lol

Ok.

1. Best way to start designing a new script is to map our exactly what you want it to do action by action correct? Then start to write out the script to accomplish the action map?

2. Auto log in's? Am I correct that I do not have to write something for this as the Stealth client will re log you in if there is a disconnect?

3. Pascal Language. Is there a recommended light reading book in English somewhere that I can review. Having not programmed anything really since my apple II+ computer way back in the day some basic understanding might help.

4. In the current scripts I use for EUO there are set up screen or actions to target your storage boxes etc. Is it better to just Hard code the id's? Does stealth even use these set up screens? Never made on so no clue how you do it..

Ok those are might initial questions.

Yes I was able to get the Hello world script written and to work after about 2+ hours.

*****Special note to anyone else learning. Always read ALL the follow up posts to the tutorial before starting****

After 2 hours of frustration I scrolled down two posts and found the reason why it was not working. lol

Thanks All!

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: Future Stealth Script writing Maven
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 10:44:22 AM »
1. Best way to start designing a new script is to map our exactly what you want it to do action by action correct? Then start to write out the script to accomplish the action map?
What you mean by this? As i understand we are talking about coding structure. In this case i always would try to make a plain process flow. What are your targets , what you want to accomplish.
I normaly start by a simple flow like
Code: [Select]
program new;

begin
//Login
// Move to Bank
// Get a BodBook
// Move to Smith
// Get a Bod
// Move to Tailor
// Get a Bod
// Drop bods to book
/Logout
end.

Then i think about wich actions can be compressed. Like Get Bod, it doesnt make sense making multiple getbod functions, make one work for all.

In case of design i recommning following structure :
Prorgramm Name ( Program Test;)
Units ( uses library;) ---> You will learn later
Variables ( Var one : Bool; two : Cardinal)
Constants ( const eins = 1; yikes = False;)
Methods
Main Body

Later On when you are able to structure your script i will show you a bit about units...

2. Auto log in's? Am I correct that I do not have to write something for this as the Stealth client will re log you in if there is a disconnect?
You can connect the selected profile by "Connect();" make sure you autoselected server\char else it will hangup. There is also an method for enable or disable autoreconnect but then you must handle that your script only interact when you are connected.
You also can disconnect and changeprofile

3. Pascal Language. Is there a recommended light reading book in English somewhere that I can review. Having not programmed anything really since my apple II+ computer way back in the day some basic understanding might help.
I learned it by using it and look into other samples or consult google. Pascal script inside of Stealth doestn support all features from pascal. So most samples about console\gui\threads wont help you out.

4. In the current scripts I use for EUO there are set up screen or actions to target your storage boxes etc. Is it better to just Hard code the id's? Does stealth even use these set up screens? Never made on so no clue how you do it..

You can by building up a virtual cursor if you catch that point i can write you a sample. I personally use dynamic ID-generating by functions or drop them static because i run my scripts clientless and dont care for a setup each time.

• Activity:
    0%
  • Cush has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 11:30:25 AM »

What you mean by this? As i understand we are talking about coding structure. In this case i always would try to make a plain process flow. What are your targets , what you want to accomplish.
I normaly start by a simple flow

Code: [Select]
program new;

begin
//Login
// Move to Bank
// Get a BodBook
// Move to Smith
// Get a Bod
// Move to Tailor
// Get a Bod
// Drop bods to book
/Logout
end.

Then i think about wich actions can be compressed. Like Get Bod, it doesnt make sense making multiple getbod functions, make one work for all.

In case of design i recommning following structure :
Prorgramm Name ( Program Test;)
Units ( uses library;) ---> You will learn later
Variables ( Var one : Bool; two : Cardinal)
Constants ( const eins = 1; yikes = False;)
Methods
Main Body

Later On when you are able to structure your script i will show you a bit about units...

Ok so a script to deed stacks I would start with something like this correct?

Program new commodity Deeder;

begin

//login
//move to bank
//buy 100 commodity deeds
//move to house
//walk to chest where stacks are
//fill stack to 60K
//move stack to commodity deed box
//move deed from backpack to Commodity deed box
//Fill Deed
//move filled deed to chest
//check chest with stacks if none log out or next
//check backpack for deeds if none repeat.
/logout

end.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:23:58 PM by Crome969 »

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 12:21:33 PM »
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:24:41 PM by Crome969 »

• Activity:
    0%
  • Cush has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 07:47:43 AM »
Ok So thinking this through. I guess I do not need a character to login as I will just be using the script to fill deeds as I need it done.

I can log the character in and then start the script when I need it.

That kicks me down to the move to bank line to buy commodity deeds

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 09:30:18 AM »

Tags: