Author Topic: Found this forum  (Read 2120 times)

Offline TaskForceTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • TaskForce has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Found this forum
« on: September 08, 2014, 01:57:12 AM »
and here I am.
As TaskForce I am more or less also active in the EUO community.
Recently some non scripter pointed me to a thread in this forum, which woke my interest, so I registered here to read a bit more. Well, nice try ... in 60 days I may have forgotten this forum again, or not (after crossing 50 forgetting is definitively faster).

I play Ultima Online since more than a dozen years on shards like Catskills, Atlantic, Drachenfels, Europa and even Siege.
More the collector and hoarder type than anything else.
Scripts I use to save me some time with training and other mostly boring stuff in game, protect my wrists from carpal tunnel issues, have a more organized and less emotion controlled way to do things and in a few cases to be competitive with other scripters.

It is beautiful, what all can be done with scripts. Its not longer Origin, but somehow with our scripts the slogan comes to life again: We create worlds. Our own worlds in a virtual world, even if it is a smaller scale.

My preferred way of script creation is to read and (trying to) understand scripts other people created, pick what fits my intended use and adapt/transform it for my own needs.

About the tool, which gives the website its name, I cannot comment yet - just downloaded it and had a first look. But the very first impression: I like the navigation tree to jump to certain positions within the script. Alone this is worth a lot.

Greetings
TaskForce
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:11:37 AM by TaskForce »

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Found this forum
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 04:36:35 AM »
Thanks for the intro, restricted status is lifted...you are now free to roam around the cabin!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline TaskForceTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • TaskForce has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 04:40:35 AM »
Thank you :-)

But for now - back to work.

Greetings from Germany
TaskForce

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 12:52:08 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 04:28:15 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 09:57:27 PM »
Oh hey, someone actually still using ScriptUO (the program).  It's hard to tell what came first, the program or the site.  I think the site actually came first because I didn't really name the program until sometime later.

Anyhow, welcome to the site.  I still use ScriptUO quite a bit too when I'm trying to remember what I was doing in various scripts.  I think I've forgotten more about scripting than I currently remember.  That's kinda sad, but at least this tool makes the remembering of the code a bit more pleasant.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 12:59:44 AM »
Welcome aboard :)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Tags: