Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 5328 times)

Offline ZigZagZebraTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ZigZagZebra has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
League of Legends
« on: February 08, 2015, 01:21:14 PM »
I didn't see a thread for League of Legends, but a buddy of mine got me into it lately. So I figured I'd start a post and see what everyone thinks of the game.

I'm still pretty low level, which makes it difficult to play the PvP. And at first glance, the community is pretty toxic if you aren't pulling your weight. Gotta have a thick skin to play as trolls are pretty common there.

Things I appreciate about the game are the scale of it. Hell people play this professionally at an international level. There are Euro, North and South American, Asian and even African leagues that face off in tournaments. And the commentators narrarate the matches like its a soccer game! Game mechanics are complex, which is mainly an artifact of there being 170 different champions you can play as (you get 10 free at random a week and can buy more with points you pay for or earn in game), they all play off each other. Its like a really complicated game of rock, paper scissors!

Anyone else play?

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 01:43:26 PM »
Played for quite a while about 2 years ago, started School, and one day just didn't have time to log in again.

Loved the game and the pvp, hated the trolls also.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 02:34:11 PM »
Yea it definitely chews up time. Since each match is 30-45 minutes and quitting games has its consequences up to and including bans. Whats funny is my friend gave up diablo because he said he played it too long. So now instead of playing for 4 hours of diablo he plays for 8 half hours of lol.

I'm guilty of it too tho. Instead of doing something in UO (as repetitive as it may be), I'll spend sometimes twice as long writing a script just for the mental stimuli.

Offline rwek

• Activity:
    0%
  • rwek has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 04:44:59 PM »
Its a pretty cool game.  I've been lucky enough to make some ingame friends who have guided me along the way.

There is such a huge differnce in player levels via the ranking system.  I'll partner up w/ some high rank folks and just get destroyed.

I'm getting too old to compete against 14 year olds when coordination is concerned.

Did you see the HBO documentary they did on League/professional gaming - kinda neat if you're truly a geek.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 05:22:05 PM »
Its a pretty cool game.  I've been lucky enough to make some ingame friends who have guided me along the way.

There is such a huge differnce in player levels via the ranking system.  I'll partner up w/ some high rank folks and just get destroyed.

I'm getting too old to compete against 14 year olds when coordination is concerned.

Did you see the HBO documentary they did on League/professional gaming - kinda neat if you're truly a geek.

Haha I never had that coordination! That's why I never pvp'ed in UO. I'll have to check that out. I'm definitely a game/1s and 0s kind of nerd.  No mistaking that!