Author Topic: What do you consider "elite" weapons?  (Read 7455 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
What do you consider "elite" weapons?
« on: April 13, 2009, 09:47:19 AM »
OMGBurgers got me thinking about this one.  Since I'm not the most knowledgeable person about weapons, I'm curious what people really look for in weapons.  Might do an armor thread too, but for now what do you look for in ideal bows, swords, fencing and macing?  I'm sure your template effects your decision, so what other considerations are there?

Can be either artifacts, or more specifically what do you look for in crafted weapons and the exact stats if you can.

(BTW, OMG wants good bows...  :p )
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: What do you consider "elite" weapons?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 10:28:29 AM »
This is a very good thread and question TM.  I have always wondered this myself.  I have some thoughts but nothing very educational i would think, because I walk though luna and see a kryss with some good mods but dont understand why it is selling for 15 mil.  So i am sure i am not one to answer this thread.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 10:31:44 AM »
This is a very good thread and question TM.  I have always wondered this myself.  I have some thoughts but nothing very educational i would think, because I walk though luna and see a kryss with some good mods but dont understand why it is selling for 15 mil.  So i am sure i am not one to answer this thread.

Yes, I'm also patiently waiting for those nuggets of wisdom.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 10:50:07 AM »
I won't be sheding too much light on the subject but the weapon for a sampire makes or breaks the template... so goes the wide variety of pvp templates and how the stats are managed. 

Getting the correct amount of SSI can allow you to manage your character to go lower on dex and stamina pieces...

or bows that don't want a hit spel because for their running shot they do not want a pause from a spell going off.

It is certainly not a easy question to answer because one small tweak to stats or skills creates the demand for a totally different weapon.

I am interested to see what peeps put.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 11:13:24 AM »
Everybody has their own guides. This is what I like:

SSI
HLA
HSL
HLL or HML depending on Whammy or Sampire
DI

Now the justification:

SSI usually around 20 or more. Depends on the weapon and the swing break point. I like one handers, little quicker and allows easy pots.

HLA - I use M&S glasses for HLD, I realize they stack, but I like having my opponent hit me less.

HSL - Stamina is a leecher's life. If your stamina gets too low, you swing slower, you hit less often, you leech less, you die.

HLL or HML - Whammy's have no real mana concerns, so I like HLL for them to use with Curse Weapon. Sampires needed to have mana replenishment to keep specials and other mana extensive spells going.

DI - Nice to have on anything, but not entirely necessary. Hit Chance would be a great exchange for DI. The idea of my PvM'ers is the steady kill. Damage will stack up with perfection over time anyways.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Scotch_Tape

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Scotch_Tape has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 11:32:06 AM »
PvP wise your main concern is specific specials you want to use and being able to use them often. 

For bows...
-Swing Speed Increase

-Hit Mana Leech
-Hit Lower Defense
-Damage Increase

-Hit Stamina Leech
-Hit Life Leech
-HCI/DCI
-Hit Lower Attack
-Resists

Most important I think is the Swing speed Increase.  Most of the archer weapons are already pretty slow so without some swing speed increase I normally don't even bother looking at it anymore.  Damage increase can be found in other slots other than the weapon slot but it's pretty nice having Damage Increase on weapon.  Hit Lower Defense is really nice, when it's high % because with most 2 handed weapons finding the HCI for your suit can be a bit difficult without a shield.  It will enable you to hit a lot more often against the high end PvPers with maxed out DCI. 

DCI/HCI and resists are nice mods, but not really something that I look for just because I try to get those things out of my suit and Stam can be fixed with a potion.  So that's all I can think about.  I don't play much with ML so I don't know what the ML bows specials/mods are all about.  Other weapons are pretty much the same.  I look at the weapon specials that weapon has then go off of that on what I want to look for.  Unless it's an extremely fast weapon I want it to have Swing Speed Increase.  If it has no weapon specials I like I don't bother with it. 

I do have a character who depends on his weapon to leech stam/HP's.  It's really depends on what that character is trying to do with the weapon.  He is a PvMer. 

You need 2 things out of a weapon...

-ability to hit your opponent fast and often.
-do enough damage/specials to force your opponent to make a moan noise and fall on the ground.

If it does a ton of damage, but you can't hit anyone it's probably not too great.  If it hits every time, but does crappy damage and the specials are crap it's just as crappy.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 02:06:21 PM »
I think it is personal preference as well and depends greatly on the rest of the gear being worn. I can't comment on PvP because I refuse to engage in it under the current system and haven't done so since comming back 2 years ago. For PvM I'll chime in...

HML (Hit Mana Leech) I rank #1 above everything. Rarely do I use a weapon without it. You run out of mana on pretty much any template and your out of the game so to speak. You can't heal and you can't buff spells. Whammy is probably the only template that could successfully get away without having HML on their weapons.

SSI (Swing Speed Increase) #2 Nothing is more important to damage output than speed. In most cases the faster weapon will out perform the harder hitting weapon. Just like in boxing "Speed kills Power".

HLD (Hit Lower Defense) Ranks #3 in my book. The high end monsters are sometimes very difficult to hit and this is where HLD can pay off big dividends. I noticed this mostly on Prince Paroxysmus..without my Mace and Shield Glasses (30 HLD) I constantly missed. Especially when playing templates that rely heavily on life leech. Hitting or missing means life or death against the higher tier monsters.

The remaining big properties depend heavily on template being played and are more of a personal preference so it's difficult to rank them:

HLA  (Hit Lower Attack) I would definitely want on a melee character but not Top 5 choice for my archer.

Damage Increase - I know this sounds crazy but I'll pass on this property as you can hit 100 DI with the right gear and equipment so my perfect weapon or bow wouldn't have this property on it. HCI and DCI you can all max out on via proper gear so those aren't properties I would look for on weapons either.

I'm not sure the about the limitations on intensities that are going to be allowed on properties for imbueing and unraveling. I do believe they said 5 Mods maximum. So my dream melee as of today would probably be something along the lines of:

Twinking Scimitar:

30%-50% Hit Lightning
30%-50 % Hit Mana Leech
30%-50% Hot lower Defense
30%-50% Hit Lower Attack
30%-50 % Swing Speed Increase
default 6 DCI

One handed and carry alot of refresh potions.

Magical Shortbow:

30%-50% Hit Lightning
30%-50 % Hit Mana Leech
30%-50% Hot lower Defense
30%-50 % Swing Speed Increase
Balanced

Where can I get one? :P

« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 02:09:31 PM by Ultima »

Offline Lifeless Body

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Lifeless Body has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 11:05:17 AM »
I think Leafblades r more powerful on say a peerless solo or pvp, but for more of a champ spawn or deugeon Twinking Scimitar. i run a type of sampire and most peerless r easily soloed.
What mods do i think r the better for a leafblade?
1 Hml = Gotta have that pool for a few evades and Primary Ability Feint
2 Hsl = Stam leech is ideal for this temp and more others, but the leech saves u from casting divine fury which lower yr defence by quit abit which u just get hit more with it cast. Nasty Cycle!
3 SSI Swing is easiy capped on most one handed weapons , u have 110 stamina u could easily work with 10% ssi and still have yr max Swing 1 every 1.25 secs
4 Hla = Lower attack is more than likely the most over looked effect, i would pick lower attack 10 times over lower defence. 99% melee cars use mace glasses thats 30% HLD , less yr hit u remain maxed stamina for max swing
Di= closer to cap Di the more damage u inflict

My Weapon of choice
Leafblade
Hml 40%+
HSL 40%+
ssi 20 to 30%
Hla 40%+
Di 40%+

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 02:25:15 PM »
I did some work on an XL spreadsheet comparing damage out-put at different Stam levels for various weapons that I consult when I am thinking about doing runic crafting. Its still incomplete, but I would be happy to share.  The sitewon't let me attach an XL file, but I pulled out the 2.5 and 2.75 weapon speed catetegories to give folks an dea what it looks like. Its nice for template planning because you can sort it by various categories.

-P

Code: [Select]
Name Skill Bs Speed BSwPMin Hands Min Dam Max Dam Ave Dam Base DPS DPS@90 Stm DPS@120 Stm DPS@150 Stm Specials

War Fork f 2.50 24.00 1 12 13 12.5 5.00 7.14 8.33 10.00 Bleed/DA
Elven spell blade 2.50 24.00 2 12 14 13.0 5.20 7.43 8.67 10.40 PS/Bleed
Testsubo m 2.50 24.00 1 12 14 13.0 5.20 7.43 8.67 10.40 FWW/Crush
Club m 2.50 24.00 1 11 13 12.0 4.80 6.86 8.00 9.60 SS/DM
Nunchaku m 2.50 24.00 2 11 13 12.0 4.80 6.86 8.00 9.60 Blck/Feint
Radiant scimitar 2.50 24.00 1 12 14 13.0 5.20 7.43 8.67 10.40 WW/BW
Cleaver s 2.50 24.00 1 11 13 12.0 4.80 6.86 8.00 9.60 Bleed/IS
Katana s 2.50 24.00 1 11 13 12.0 4.80 6.86 8.00 9.60 DS/AP
Wakizashi 2.50 24.00 1 11 13 12.0 4.80 6.86 8.00 9.60 FWW/DS
Bokuto s 2.50 24.00 1 9 11 10.0 4.00 5.71 6.66 8.00 F/NS
Cresent Blade 2.50 24.00 2 11 14 12.5 5.00 7.14 8.33 10.00 DS/MS
leaf blade 2.75 21.81 1 13 15 14.0 5.09 7.00 8.00 9.33 F/AP
Black Staff 2.75 21.81 2 13 16 14.5 5.27 7.25 8.29 9.67 WW/Para
spear f 2.75 21.81 2 13 15 14.0 5.09 7.00 8.00 9.33 AI/Para
mace m 2.75 21.81 1 12 14 13.0 4.73 6.50 7.43 8.67 Conc/DA
daisho s 2.75 21.81 2 13 15 14.0 5.09 7.00 8.00 9.33 F/DS
hatchet s 2.75 21.81 2 13 15 14.0 5.09 7.00 8.00 9.33 AP/DA

Edited: Put in code tags to keep columns correct, had to remove TYPE in a few but we can figure that out
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 02:29:49 PM by Cerveza »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Tags: