Author Topic: Welcome to the new ScriptUO forum!  (Read 12160 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Welcome to the new ScriptUO forum!
« on: February 18, 2017, 06:54:59 PM »
So why the move?

ScriptUO has been using the same version of SMF since we first started.  Recently, that version started to go into end-of-life, and that means no more security updates.  More importantly, version 1.x of SMF was built on an older version of PHP that might no longer be supported by our current host (or any other host). 

The new version of SMF (2.0.x) allows for core updates, updated version of PHP and opens the door for more recent mods.

There has been some functionality loss (contributions, awards, etc) but I've tried hard to bring forward many of the key features like bookmarks, links, downloads, etc.  We also have new features such as better context highlighting and PM attachments.

Hopefully this move doesn't cause too much stress; I hate change but this was necessary.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 07:00:43 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: