Author Topic: Menu Designer  (Read 9237 times)

Offline JFSFTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • JFSF has no influence.
  • Respect: +8
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Menu Designer
« on: September 14, 2017, 08:13:52 PM »
+1
This is not really a debug question but I figured this was probably the best channel to ask in. Im trying to learn about menu designer and creating my own menus. Problem I have is i'm not able to get anything to run. After some reading I downloaded the old EasyUo and also the Menu Designer. Both are in the same folder. I run easyuo first as admin then try to open the menu designer and all i get in like 4 or 5 symbols in the script area. hitting play does nothing. Any ideas where I went wrong or links to maybe something I missed explaining how to get this set up? Im excited to venture into the menu designer stuff if only I could get it to work. Thanks.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Menu Designer
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 08:56:49 PM »
+1
Here are a couple links from when I started to learn about it

This one was the best one I found: http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8422

This one here wasn't bad but not as helpful as the other: http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1672

Once you understand it, you won't really need to use the designer anymore. I have a base menu snippet now from my first menu I made that I use and modify for each time I need one.

• Activity:
    0%
  • JFSF has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 09:03:01 PM »
+1
Ive read over both of those posts. But none of those explain how to get the damn thing to run in easyUO. Ive got the 1.4 version it calls for and the designer itself but nothing more. It kinda looks like it wont install correctly, because every time I click on it it wants to install. Their is no Run option or anything like that

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 09:28:42 PM »
+1
It's been years since I first learned but you need to have EUO version 1.42 plus the Menu Designer. You can download it at the bottom of this page: http://www.easyuo.com/downloads.php

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 09:47:55 PM »
+1
Going back to it now, it looks like you use the old version just to get the code. You have to copy it to the newest version to run it plus that is just the code for the menu, there is nothing there calling the menu to run. You will have to call it in the newest EUO version to check it. Copy and paste the code over then before the menu, put in
Code: [Select]
gosub showeasyuomenu1
pause
or something basic like that to get the menu to load.

Offline BobOzarius

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • BobOzarius has no influence.
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 02:52:45 AM »
+1
Run both programs as administrator?

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 05:18:09 AM »
+1
First Start Easy uo 1.4 then start Menu Designer.

If you have an existing code of a menu you want to use. You can open it with 1.4 or paste in inside.    After that just click in the Menu design and the menu will appear.

From the menu design, you make the modification you want and that will change the code on the 1.4.   

That about it.

• Activity:
    0%
  • JFSF has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 07:17:47 AM »
+1
Thats the problem. Nothing happens when I try to open the menu designer beside asking me to install again.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 12:32:43 PM »
+1
Sorry to sound dump but tell us what you do step by step.  Because I use menu often and it work find for me. 
I have both program in the same folder BTW.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 02:22:16 PM »
+1
I've had a hard time finding a good combination of settings to get the menu designer to run in Windows 10.  It works fine in XP and Win7.  I generally use my Win2003 VM to tweak my menus designed with the designer.  I kinda gave up on finding a good combination otherwise. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
  • JFSF has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 06:03:34 PM »
+1
To start I have both the EasyUO 1.4 verison and the Menu Designer in the same foder on my desktop. I run EUO as Admin and get the pop up that the folling paths are invalid: scr, lib, tmp,exe, dat Please go to Tools-Options-Path and correct them or scripts might break. I hit ok. I try to open menu designer through easy uo and only get a few symbols in the script area. I hit play and nothing happens. Ive also tried to open the menu designer by itself and its asking me to install it. The setup menu has modify/repair/remove as options. Ive tried to install in a few times and can never get past this stage. Im thinking that its not installing maybe the problem but Im at a lost with things to try now. Hopefully one of you guys can see what im doing wrong

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 06:14:08 PM »
+1
First, is it showing the code on EUO 1.42? If it does, then copy and paste into a current EUO. Then you have to call the sub for it to play. If it is not showing in the old EUO 1.42, I am not sure what you are doing. Once you have it set up how you want on menu designer, you have to click on 1.42 and it should appear on that. Make sure that you open 1.42 before the menu designer, at least that is how it is working for me. Make sure they are both set up to run as admin. I am running win 10 and am having no issues getting it to work right now.

• Activity:
    0%
  • JFSF has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 06:15:09 PM »
+1
Crisis do you have TV by chance?

• Activity:
    0%
  • JFSF has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 06:24:05 PM »
+1

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2017, 06:25:32 PM »
+1
Try this.  Close all easy UO   only load easy 1.4 and them the designer.    Are you on Win 7 or Win 10

Tags: