Author Topic: Yet Another intro for those present.  (Read 868 times)

Offline elkjohnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • elkjohn has no influence.
  • temp
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Yet Another intro for those present.
« on: November 20, 2020, 08:18:47 PM »
As it is nearly four hours past my bedtime.... we'll see if this makes it to the right eyes...

I'm a returning UO player. Introduced at a young age by my brother, I've spent a fair portion of time on OSI. Though life, of course, had other plans for me so I've been out of the game for a while.

Even with OSI having a 'free to play' version, its somewhat restricted so I figured I'd give a player shard a shot! Mostly because I am literally dirt poor IRL, but also not willing to live without a house in Ultima. lol..

I am not a programmer. Though I undoubtedly would like to be. Perhaps later in life I can really commit to learning. Start with Python maybe? *shrug*

In the meantime, I'd like to utilize UO as an escape.

Many of us would agree........ it's a bit dated, at this point. Eventually I may try some new client versions out, but for now I just want to get a little game time in, and would like to see what this site has to offer as far as assists go.

That should be enough personal detail to entertain thee.

I'd just like to say, most of those present will be far more intelligent than I. I don't see myself getting too involved with the community due to limited (zero) programming knowledge (can't contribute), but I mean, Hi! Don't mind the little guy grasping for knowledge crumbs.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another intro for those present.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 09:10:56 PM »
Welcome to SUO! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

You don't have to be good at programming or even know how to program to be an active member in the community here. Post, test, offer suggestions, share UO knowledge.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another intro for those present.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 07:31:08 AM »
WELCOME!

Tags: