Author Topic: 20 Year break over  (Read 1026 times)

Offline bull1102!Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • bull1102! has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
20 Year break over
« on: February 27, 2022, 11:01:44 AM »
wow been gone for 20 years and came back to give it a whirl again. Lost everything so starting over from scratch. Been trying to find a recall lumber jacking script but none of the ones on Easy UO work so i thought i would give this a try although im not to sure what im doing lol

Started playing back in 1997 and played until 2002 . I usually run three accounts at a time because you know you have to have that special char for that one purpose and 6 chars on one account just doesn't cut it.

Been playing a lot of the new games that just came out but they just dont seem to have that certain special thing like UO does and i cant figure out why  ::)

Since i lost everything its like im starting the game for the first time and all my old stuff that used to be awesome back in 2002 is now considered garbage and used for unraveling.. I never thought i would see the day that my artifacts i used back then are now decor LOL.

Im hoping to find some good scripts in here to make coming back a little easier because it seems most of the Easy UO scripts dont work and were abandoned back in 2007. I have only ever used Easy UO so im not even sure how to use Script UO or if its even a program. Maybe someone could help me out with understanding this site and how it works..

Scripts make the world so much easier and im an old man and my fingers and wrists just cant take the clicking constantly LOL.

Hope everyones having a good day and hope to see you in game.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 11:54:42 AM by bull1102! »

Online gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Year break over
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 01:24:46 PM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 02:21:19 PM »
Welcome bull1102,
First there are some changes to how harvesting works. You will need MUL files. There is a post here for uop2mul converter by Neo. I recommend starting with that. It has directions on how to use it.

Next, any script that includes tile init, needs to be changed to tile init NoOverrides. That should get harvesting working in non-TerMur and Eodon maps. Harvesting in these last 2 works differently, but the only advantage is getting some special resources (crystalline blackrock (mining) and crystal shards (lumberjacking)).

ScriptUO is an editor with lots of great features, but it will not run a script. For running scripts you will use easyuo still.

Finally, there was a major update to how menu commands work. There is a pinned post here under Tutorials about changes to menu commands. While there are new menu commands, the old menu commands mostly still work. The one new rule is that menu element names need to be unique. The original system would allow you to basically overwrite a menu element by recreating it again, but now you are not allowed to have more than 1 element with the same name - and creating the same name element will confuse the menu system. You would need to apply 1 of 3 methods to get a menu to work now:
1) delete the old element, then create the new element that uses the same name
2) change to use only unique names
3) if you can change properties to an existing element, do that using the "menu setprop" command.

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline bull1102!Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • bull1102! has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2022, 02:48:22 PM »
thank you for the welcome and thank you for the info Gaderian.. do happen to know a nice recall lumber jacking script that you would recommend?

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2022, 04:56:30 PM »
Once the MUL files are setup and the 'tile inits nooverride' is replaced, the MWInc LJ script is what I use for most of my needs.

Gaderian

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2022, 06:05:07 AM »
Welcome to SUO!!

and the 'tile inits nooverride' is replaced

What is that?

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2022, 10:22:54 PM »
Welcome to SUO!!

and the 'tile inits nooverride' is replaced

What is that?

First, I misspelled the statement, it should be:
tile init nooverrides
(not 'inits')

I have answered it in a more generic place than an intro post. Here is the information:
http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=16389.msg125916#msg125916

Gaderian
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 10:38:24 PM by Gaderian »

Tags: