Author Topic: Happy Birthday ScriptUO!  (Read 5076 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Happy Birthday ScriptUO!
« on: June 15, 2009, 02:19:41 AM »
It was around this day last year that ScriptUO turned the lights on.  I can't believe it's already been a year!  Good grief!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday ScriptUO!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 02:57:11 AM »
Wow, I'm scratching my head as to how the time went by so quickly!

TM, thanks for letting us in back then when loads of us found the UOC plug pulled and thanks for continuing to host us. Amazing what the site has grown into isn't it?

Happy Birthday!

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 03:56:21 AM »
Born from the ashes of a burned out website run by a .... (lets just leave that part out), ScriptUO has become the defacto scripting haven.

Never will a "use the search" or "such a noob question" be heard behind these doors. Never will you see scripts restricted just because they allow "accelerated gains" or "farming". These hallowed halls will echo with laughter and scripting discussions of all types!

Now a year has passed. Others have risen once again, but SUO has remained strong. By instilling our beliefs upon all users here TM has developed a strong core, a dedicated bunch, a scripting community. That's why SUO will be around for long to come.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 04:53:05 AM »
*sigh* you're such a noob...

;)
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 05:31:59 AM »
Happy Birthday SUO!!

And to TM and everybody that makes this site what it is...TY!! Its a great place to come hang out!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline DeadIssue2

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • DeadIssue2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 06:17:59 AM »
Happy Birthday!!!

TM, you have built a scriptors paradise. Thank you so much for everything everyone here has done to help me out and make me a better scriptor. I am so glad I found such a helpful outgoing community of people willing to come together to frustrate the folks at EA. :)

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 06:30:49 AM »
Happy Happy SUO !!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 08:39:38 AM »
Being one of the lurkers watching this site as I anxiously awaited the opening it is really amazing to see.  After UOC took a dump on us all I was lost, then moments later TM opened his forum to the public and I quickly jumped on board to be one of the very first members here.

I remember myself and TM talking by ourselves on the boards about various little things about SUO then all of a sudden a boom happened and this site has grown to become a safe haven for the true scripters...only time will tell how great SUO will become!  Thanks TM!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »
Yay SUO!

It's been great to see the activity and influx of players since I've been here. It's really awesome to see the community grow. :)

I owe alot to SUO and have learned a ton here. SUO has helped me attain alot of goals that I had for myself in game as well as experience parts of the game I might not otherwise have explored.

It's also really cool to see players here on SUO get together in game and help one another out when needed.

Contrary to popular belief the use of scripts is actually probably a good thing for EA in that people are always wanting to experiment with different script ideas and it's scripting that  keeps many players interest alive in UO. Imagine is there was no scripting at all how many people would burn out on the game.

Happy Birthday SUO...Huzzah!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 12:14:22 PM »
A year already .. unbelivable... heres to a great year to come...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 12:59:46 PM »
Before we know it, SUO will be off to college and getting married :*(

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 03:01:13 PM »
wow. Look at him walk! he's growing up so fast.

Tags: