Author Topic: TrailMyx's List Handling Subs  (Read 86919 times)

Scrripty

Re: TrailMyx's List Handling Subs
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2010, 07:13:56 AM »
That's an implementation thing really.  I just care about a filename and a listname for save and only filename for load.  After that, it's independent of your implementation.  That's the nice thing about tools, I just write'em.  but the mantra of tools is just to keep them generic.

I don't really know how it could have worked with 4 lists and one file.  I've been drinking a bit at the moment, so my analytical skills are a bit impaired.    I think you just got lucky.  :p

TM WAKE UP. :)  It's saving as a name, and #SHARD, and #CHARNAME and then .txt.  So it's unique per char per shard. :)  The problem is it's not saving the same for all chars.  It's cutting off the .txt extension for some.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2010, 10:18:16 AM »
Lol, I didn't possess you and force you to save that way.  Look at the sample code, I use:

gosub TM_LoadListFromFile c:\testlist.txt ; load a list from file

So it's up to you to use them.  Do a scan of the list functions.  You won't find a single reference to #SHARD or #CHARNAME.  If you're code is doing that, then it's been possessed!

Like I said, I write the tools, you hack them... :p
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2010, 10:24:32 AM »
Hehe...

And you're a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock-and-roll!

:D
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Scrripty

« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2010, 10:25:36 AM »
Lol, I didn't possess you and force you to save that way.  Look at the sample code, I use:

gosub TM_LoadListFromFile c:\testlist.txt ; load a list from file

So it's up to you to use them.  Do a scan of the list functions.  You won't find a single reference to #SHARD or #CHARNAME.  If you're code is doing that, then it's been possessed!

Sometimes I wonder if you're the one ACTUALLY coding the stuff you code.  hehe  All I'm doing is setting a variable so the name of the text file can be unique for each char on each shard. :)  Then I call the %var.  That SHOULD work fine shouldn't it?  I can switch to another char on the same shard in the same guild and it will drop the .txt extension when saving the file..  Example below.  Is it a file name thing?  Why would it drop the .txt?  Do I need to clean up the name so there's no wierd characters in it? :)

Code: [Select]
 set %saveFileNameShard1 c:\EUO\Target , #shard , #charname , .txt
  set %saveFileNameShard2 c:\EUO\Enemy , #shard , #charname , .txt
  set %saveFileNameShard3 c:\EUO\Friend , #shard , #charname , .txt
  set %saveFileNameShard4 c:\EUO\Potential , #shard , #charname , .txt

if %saveSelected = 1
    gosub TM_SaveListToFile Newlist1 %saveFileNameShard1
  if %saveSelected = 2
    gosub TM_SaveListToFile Newlist2 %saveFileNameShard2
  if %saveSelected = 3
    gosub TM_SaveListToFile Newlist3 %saveFileNameShard3
  if %saveSelected = 4
    gosub TM_SaveListToFile Newlist4 %saveFileNameShard4

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2010, 10:28:53 AM »
That's a good place for the #DOT operator:

set %saveFileNameShard1 c:\EUO\Target , #shard , #charname , #DOT , txt

The problem might be you are switching to a shard that has a space in it i.e. "Napa Valley".  Just have to blame EUO for it's wonky string handling.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2010, 10:31:25 AM »
Ok you're the most loved child again.  I knew it was something like that.  I've actually read that 100 times just never had an opportunity to use it until now.  Thanks. :)  Should I run the file name var through the space to mung sub and back when loading/saving?  I was kidding up there a bit, I thought you were still tipsy from the night before. heh

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 10:36:27 AM by Scripty »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2010, 10:38:09 AM »
Should I run the file name var through the space to mung sub and back when loading/saving?

Probably should do something like that.  Sometimes I just don't know how EUO is going to react or how its going to effect the DOS box.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2010, 10:52:58 AM »
Should I run the file name var through the space to mung sub and back when loading/saving?

Probably should do something like that.  Sometimes I just don't know how EUO is going to react or how its going to effect the DOS box.

Wouldn't that be a good addition to your subs since it's in there anyways?  Just add a check for spaces in the filename in the save sub and uncheck spaces in the load sub?  If not it's an easy thing for me to do anyways.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2010, 11:48:12 AM »
Well like I said, I don't put any restrictions on HOW you use them.   A filename is a filename.  I can't really defend against all the strangness that EUO presents, but I can present the basics for everyone to use.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2010, 12:04:05 PM »
Well like I said, I don't put any restrictions on HOW you use them.   A filename is a filename.  I can't really defend against all the strangness that EUO presents, but I can present the basics for everyone to use.

I'll just K.I.S.S. it as EN would say.  Take all that crap out of the names, but I want it to be unique per char, per shard.. hmmm  maybe base it on charid... and drop the shard name? :)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2010, 12:13:51 PM »
I have shifted to #CHARID more and more.  I'll be heavily relying on that when I release my new filesystem.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2010, 12:36:55 PM »
I have shifted to #CHARID more and more.  I'll be heavily relying on that when I release my new filesystem.

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction.  That seems to have fixed all my save/load problems. :)

Scrripty

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2010, 12:08:23 PM »
You think in the next version of your list handling subs that you're working on you could make an easy way to find and change the color of a list item? :)  Not the entire list, but individual items.  Maybe store another var? :)  So you can just check it and change it and reset/redraw it...? :)  I've been thinking of a good way to do that with your list subs now, and scanning id's to see if any are onscreen so I can color the ones onscreen to a seperate color.  Then when they leave the screen, reset their bgcolor to white.  Would be easier to have it built in.  As it is now I have to change it and redraw every time I do something.  It's a pain because I have to do it in each individual sub and redraw the menu.  Be nice to have a TM_ChangeListItemColor sub. :) One that stores the color so it persists when you organize menu elements.  Also, what's the fastest way to access all the !tag vars in a list?  For scanning purposes?  I want to iterate through them in the fastest way possible.  Would it just be a for %i 1 %TotalTags?  Using your get tag sub?  I want to use all the id's in a %finditem to see if they are on screen and if they are, color each individual tag in the list to a seperate color.  Be nice an easy with a set list item color sub. :)  for/if sub that changes color of items found in scan, and changes back if not found.  Simple.  Can you even change the background of INDIVIDUAL list items?  I was pretty sure you could... haven't tested yet... I know you can change the background color of the list itself...

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2010, 12:22:47 PM »
Remember you can't change the color of individual items in a list.  You are limited by the same limitations that EUO has. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2010, 12:53:28 PM »
Remember you can't change the color of individual items in a list.  You are limited by the same limitations that EUO has. 

YOU DIDNT EVEN READ THAT WHOLE POST! haha I knew you were doing that...