Author Topic: TrailMyx's List Handling Subs  (Read 86880 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: TrailMyx's List Handling Subs
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2010, 12:56:17 PM »
Heh, sorry.  I'm a paragraph spaced kinda guy.  If a subject isn't broken up into chunks, I tend to give up after the first answer.  ;)

I'll check out the rest of it this evening; at work at the moment.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2010, 09:58:56 PM »
Version 0.29 added the call sub wrapper so these subs may now be called or gosubed.  Your choice.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2010, 10:05:43 PM »
Heh, sorry.  I'm a paragraph spaced kinda guy.  If a subject isn't broken up into chunks, I tend to give up after the first answer.  ;)

I'll check out the rest of it this evening; at work at the moment.

And I should do my homework a bit more before asking silly questions. :)

Scrripty

« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2010, 10:25:28 AM »
Hey is there an easy way to check somethings relative location in the actual LIST WINDOW? :)  Say like you have a list that can only fit 10 things in the window, and you scroll down to where 10 is the top one.  Is there a way to check that?  And see where say 12 is located in the window itself?  So that maybe I could do a scan and set a flag that adds a green mark on the side of the window to tell you the person/item/thing is on your screen?  See what I mean?  So if 12 thru 22 are SHOWING and visible in the window, it would be scanning 12 thru 22's tags to see if they are available for action?  I can't think of a way this would be possible.  Since you're the list master tho thought you might have an idea. :)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2010, 12:08:05 PM »
Not an easy way really.  Since a list can only have one background color, one foreground color and one selection, it will kinda limit you.  What you might think about doing is create some graphics blocks that align with the list contents and place that to the left of the list.  Problem with that kind of graphic handling is that EUO is really slow handing that.  EUO Lists are VERY basic; there is no way to determine what list index is visible.  Only what is selected.

You could create another list and periodically scan the master list, and update the new list to shot what's visible.  That'll take a lot of EUO horsepower to make it look pretty.  It's times like this where I wish I did more in UOMachine because using Windows Forms makes that kind of UI much easier to implement.

I'm sure Cheffe will be adding those new features soon.  :p
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2010, 12:33:44 PM »
What you might think about doing is create some graphics blocks that align with the list contents and place that to the left of the list.  Problem with that kind of graphic handling is that EUO is really slow handing that.  I'm sure Cheffe will be adding those new features soon.  :p

That's exactly what I was thinking... scan for the people that are currently within scan range and visible in the list so you knew EXACTLY who was visible when glancing at the list.  To make it easier to select relevant targets.  Maybe have a relevant target list then.  Have an "enemy list" tab on the right, and a "relevant enemy" list tab also... the relevant list would constantly update based on targets within range...? :)  Could really hurt ya tho at say a UO event... or on a bigger shard with TONS of people on screen.  I gotta really do something about that.  With as many targets as I have, it's getting to be annoying scrolling through the list even with my macro keys I setup.  I'll send you the newest version in PM so you can see what I mean.  You wanna see my list also?  I got about 250 people in it.  Might be interesting for ya. :)

Scrripty

« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2010, 12:34:56 PM »
Hey my biggest list is around 15k... is there a limit at all?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2010, 12:37:59 PM »
You need to figure out a way to widdle that list down to people that you KNOW you want to track instead of tracking everyone in a list.  You need a non-visible ignored list or something like that.  There just can't be 250 toons engaged in your silly PvP stuff.  :p
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2010, 12:38:57 PM »
Hey my biggest list is around 15k... is there a limit at all?

Heh, no limit other than your patience when saving!  That'll get alot faster when I adapt my new file system to these subs.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2010, 12:48:29 PM »
You need to figure out a way to widdle that list down to people that you KNOW you want to track instead of tracking everyone in a list.  You need a non-visible ignored list or something like that.  There just can't be 250 toons engaged in your silly PvP stuff.  :p

Yea I know.  I haven't really done any optimizing of the list filters since I initially did them.  There's TONS of room for that still.  Like completely ignoring all npcs and such.  All non essential pets.  That kind of thing.  I just haven't got around to it yet.  I wanted to make absolutely sure the list functions were working as someone would expect tho.  Just in case someone decided to take it to an extreme like that. :)  I was JUST considering another way of doing it actually, that's why I was asking about marking relevant targets and such.  I might get rid of the "enemy" list completely and just have all RELEVANT targets in the target list, and set a timer for them for like 1 hour. :)  No reason they should still be in the list after that if you're doin your job right anyways. hehe  Maybe robust up the part where you can select them by guild name and such.  Because I have that in there.  User tag input?  Who knows.  There's so many options with this it's crazy actually. :)  I don't want to move forward tho until I get a good idea of where I want to go from here.  With your tabbed stuff and new save/load file system, I might just halt until that's all done.

Scrripty

« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2010, 12:52:19 PM »
By the way, ever since I started saving with filename(#charid) instead of filename(#shard)(#charname)... the loading/saving works flawlessly.  No issues so far and I've left the list running in between switching chars for days of game play then saved... no issues.  One nice little thing I thought of was setting the filename in the beginning of the script allows me to logon to my red, log out, goto luna with a blue, get all chars in the list I want, and still save it under my reds character id. :)  So he can have a nice handmade list without having to do it all in the field. heh

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2010, 12:54:21 PM »
saving files with shard name can be tricking since some shards have two words.. spacing issues with EUO.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2010, 01:38:03 PM »
...One nice little thing I thought of was setting the filename in the beginning of the script allows me to logon to my red, log out, goto luna with a blue, get all chars in the list I want, and still save it under my reds character id. :)  So he can have a nice handmade list without having to do it all in the field. heh

One of the many nice things a working list manager brings!  Toolz are coolz!
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2010, 06:36:02 AM »
Soooooooooooooooooooooooo......... seriously waiting on these to do a big project.  :)  *whistles*

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2010, 07:11:49 AM »
Sorry, first attempt failed.  Haven't had a chance to debug why.
Come play RIFT with me!