Author Topic: Looking forward to contributing to the community.  (Read 6459 times)

Offline seeriuslyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Looking forward to contributing to the community.
« on: July 30, 2009, 06:17:21 PM »
  Hello,  veteran UO Addict here since '97.  I use another computer to do all the tedious, though most rewarding parts of the game , while playing on my main pc.  I can usually figure out scripts, though cannot write, or haven't tried really.  I am capable of figuring out what I need to add, and little stuff like that to accomodate them to my specific needs.  And I look forward to trying out some scripts that I can't try out on other sites.  

Happy to have found this site, and can't wait to utilize it's advantages to the game in which I am addicted.

Thanks!  Seeriusly  ;D

---------------------

After reading everyone elses intro... OMG what a noob I am lol.

I will add to my previous LAME excuse of an intro... 

First off I am 28 from colorado.  I work with natural gas pipeline, connecting it from the oil wells, to natural gas companies' high pressure lines.  We weld on gas lines that are leaking pure methane liquid and gases.  Sometimes gets to be an adrenaline rush, filling the air full of flames!! Work is slow, so I now have one extra day a week to play UO!  I dont know if that's a good thing or not! haha...

My favorite characters are bard tamers, thieves, and necro/mage/weaver.  I have like 8 accounts, some I have acquired from old friends which have all good characters, including reds that I WISH I could play.  I want to get into PVP, but it seems all of them cheat so much, it's hard to compete.  I have almost every skill available stoned, and like to switch them up every now and again when the everyday UO gets dull.

I use 2 computers, and can do most of the Peerlesses alone, all but Paroxymous.  Lately have been spending a lot of time in SA beta testing however.  First time I got the invite out of several attempts.  It's fun and can't wait for it to be public.

To top it off, A hobby of mine is breeding crested geckos.  I have 10 Geckos and 13 eggs.  They are found wild on only one island off the coast of Austrailia.  They consume a lot of time and care, but are neat to observe.

Once again, I am an avid UO addict, and like to help others and will be happy to give all the feedback I can on the scripts you writers have spent numerous hours on.  We appreciate your hard work and diligence!!

Until next time,

Take 'er easy!!

-Seeriusly!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:08:16 PM by seeriusly »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Looking forward to contributing to the community.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 07:14:37 PM »
Lol, well your first one was better than most we've been getting these days.  You're addendum is just a sweet, sweet bonus!

Geckos is just about the strangest, but coolest passtime I've heard of in a long time! 

Thank you for taking the time!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 07:33:51 PM »
Great intro welcome to the boards.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline DeadIssue2

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • DeadIssue2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 07:36:31 PM »
NO joke man , nice hobby.  Great intro. Welcome to SUO enjoy your stay.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 07:39:59 PM »
Thanks guys...  Happy to be here.

The gecko thing.. yeah kinda strange.  Keeps me occupied though and gives me a break from UO sometimes haha!

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 07:43:39 PM »
Very nice intro seeriusly, good read and interesting ;) 

Have fun !

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 07:49:37 PM »
Excellent intro! Thank you!

Like Tm said, your first intro before the add was a lot better then most we have been getting lately, so very much a pleasure to sit down and read yours.

Where in Colorado? The wife and I are just accross the border in Laramie Wy.

Enjoy the site, and have fun! Lots to read and do here with a LOT of great people to do it with!

Thanks again for such a well thought out intro!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Scrripty

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 08:07:49 PM »
Geckos eat bugs.  I love Geckos.  I lived in Hawaii for a year.  Geckos live in the house with you there.  Cockroaches are a SERIOUS problem in Hawaii, so Geckos are your friend. :)

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 08:26:49 PM »
i dated a guy who used to raise flying geckos. that was a trip. they were cool.

and about that PvP, you will find many of them here, and scripts to help you out with those cheaters  ;)/
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 08:50:07 PM »

Where in Colorado? The wife and I are just accross the border in Laramie Wy.

Actually not too far...  Loveland, Colorado.

Geckos eat bugs.  I love Geckos.  I lived in Hawaii for a year.  Geckos live in the house with you there.  Cockroaches are a SERIOUS problem in Hawaii, so Geckos are your friend. :)

I have to mix up these guys food...  I dont feed them bugs anymore, because they need essential vitamins.  Like I said, very high maintenance. hehe

i dated a guy who used to raise flying geckos. that was a trip. they were cool.

and about that PvP, you will find many of them here, and scripts to help you out with those cheaters  ;)/

Oh no!! I couldn't imagine them flying around... lol (me thinx they dont really fly, but glide rather...)  But still!!!
And nothing gets to me more, than NOT being able to do ANYTHING in game.  PVP is pretty much my last obstacle.

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 08:51:37 PM »
they are called flying geckos. but they glide. kinda like flying squirrels
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Scrripty

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 10:30:05 PM »
And nothing gets to me more, than NOT being able to do ANYTHING in game.  PVP is pretty much my last obstacle.

I'm a pretty accomplished pvper. :)  I can help ya out if you have questions.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 11:30:03 PM »
PVP -- I can PVP and then again I can't.  I think the problem is that I am not too fast on hitting the macro combinations needed to blow someone away.  My stepsom plays UO and is probably the best PvPer I have ever seen and he does not use any Scripts.  He can move his fingers as fast as a classical pianist and rarely loses a one on one or two on one fight. 

I have looked at some PvP Scripts, but they just do not do well in my opinion.  I have also used Medic Scripts like CEO Medic but that one has not been updated in ages.  We need the Ultimate PvP Script for most templates.  My favorite is an Archer Tamer with a CU or Dread Mare!

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Scrripty

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 12:21:00 AM »
There's no pvp script that can do as well as you can with good instincts. :)  You dont even need to know your template inside and out.  Just do a few things REALLY well. :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 05:27:56 AM »

I'm a pretty accomplished pvper. :)  I can help ya out if you have questions.

I will keep that in mind, Thanks!  I'm on pacific, the closest I came to PVP was a buddy and I made twin girl thiefs, same names, dress everything, and was such a blast run and hide, then the other twin pop out and keep running.  That was before AOS though.  Actually I did make a swordsman, pvp'd a little but couldn't hang.  Got frusterated really...  I could do it if I put my mind to it, it's just all the macros I would need, I never know where to start.  I get my butt kicked with regular pvm on hard targets, so it discourages me I guess.  I just played tamer's for the majority of the time, and didn't give a dexxer the right amount of learning time.

Tags: