Author Topic: Void Orb Factory  (Read 13533 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Void Orb Factory
« on: October 21, 2009, 10:55:23 AM »
This script does pretty much what it says. I wanted some Void Orbs for making stuff and figured I should write a routine for it.

The minimum skills to make Void Orbs are 90 tinker and 80 magery.  I recommend you have GM tinker and a tali to bring you to 100% success rate. Even at 100% you sometimes fail and chew up more black pearls.

To run this script you need:

dark saphires in a secure you can reach
50-75 black pearls in the secure for every dark saphire you want to turn into a void orb
a few hundred ingots in your secure for making tinker kits
a tinker kit in your backpack  

This process burns a TON of black pearls and it will not stop running until it exhausts resources in the secure. Don't put more resources in the top level of your secure than you want to use.

I will update to make the script more user friendly, add offset clicks and such in the near future.

Cheers!

-P

*BTW, this is my first crappy script. If you have any helpful criticism, I would be happy to hear it.

Update: The script was not working and I found some typos that were causing it t hang. Fixed these and it now runs. Sorry about that.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Void_Orb_Maker.txt
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 06:15:42 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
Re: Void Orb Factory
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 11:23:14 AM »
I am going to give this a try Paul.  What do we need and where do we need the items so we know how to setup for this script.  Always need a short explanation for each script.

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 01:18:49 PM »
.... helpful criticism ....

- I like it .. it is easy to read and to follow ... keep it that way 
  a few people .. don't like gotos .. I don't care as long as it works :)

a few things I would like to say, but this is just my opinion ;)

- be careful with setting the wait time to  1, player with higher ping rates might be in trouble with this

- btw wait times .. i like to define a few different Wait vars within the header .. so it is easier to tweak later
  eg Wait for Event Macro, Wait for Drag, Wait for Drop ....

- ExEvent's without propper Wait often cause trouble !

- OFFSET clicks .. as you said would be a good idea .. just in csae someone moves the gumps

- WaitGump Failsafe .. how about changing to wait a shorter time .. if it isn't working ..
  try to open Gump again instead of stop the script ?

-     finditem %ingot C_ , %ResourceSecure
         if #findstack < 25 ( 25 - %ingotsinbag )
            {
            display You have used up all of your ingots.
            halt
            }
   eg
   you have .. 20 Ingots in your Backpack ... so you need to grab 5 to get back on 25 in backpack...
   so you check your ResourceBox and you see there are only 20 left .... enough to fulfill the needs but
   you script stops :-)

- I like version numbers in FileNames to make it easier to handle different versions and to easily see
   what is what ... While in Beta I just use build numbers ... later versions ...

- also always a good idea to check, if the char is still alive (#CHARGHOST) and logged in (#CLILOGGED)
   ... just to make sure the script is not messing around :'(

Keep going ... and have fun

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 01:36:05 PM by rana70 »

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 02:18:05 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.   
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 05:56:46 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.   

Nice job Paul. :)  I'd try it but have no need yet, but I looked at it and it looks nice!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 06:24:19 PM »
Hah!  I thought this was going to be a script to farm void demons....

:)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 06:27:41 PM »
Sorry to disappoint. :)  I figure I should start with something a little less exciting for my first attempt.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 10:21:25 PM »
good idea buddy!  Void Orbs are needed :)
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 07:36:13 AM »
The original peice of junk I posted didn't run. Not sure how I missed the typos or didn't test enough to find them, but it now runs.

-Mario Andretti

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 06:16:18 AM »
Updated the craft gump for publish 65.

-Mario Andretti

Offline waggler

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • waggler has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 06:25:44 AM »
STILL HAS ISSUES.    to  fast of a  timer for most  connections..    change to 2.    problems  with getting   ingredients form secure..    needs  revamped..

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 03:18:06 PM »
I will take a look at it this week. What was the problem you saw in getting resources?

-Mario Andretti

Offline slyone

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • slyone has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 05:22:36 PM »
I'm going to give this one a try.  I'll let you know how it goes, thanks!
Started playing back at the Second Age

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 09:00:11 PM »
I was making these for a while to sell and found out something.  It does a tinker check first then it does a magery check.  The menu will say 100% to make but you can still fail to make them below 100 magery. 

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 03:43:35 PM »
Hey there Paulo, did you ever pick back up on this one and address any of the issues, would love to see it finished up and moved out of submissions!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Tags: