Author Topic: Special thanks to all you people!!  (Read 19555 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Special thanks to all you people!!
« on: September 01, 2008, 10:06:37 PM »
+1
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to thank everyone who stops by and visits.  I'm pleasantly surprised how popular this site has become and look forward to what's to come.  I never thought that this site would get to over 1/4 million hits/month.  Granted that's small potatoes for others sites out there, but it still far exceeds my expectations. I didn't know UO had that much life left in it.  ;)  Anyhow, not too bad as a total passtime.  heh.  What's amazing is the month to month growth!  Kudos to ya'll.

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations for what you'd like to see on this site, please post them or PM them to me. 

In any event, thanks a bunch!

TM
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 10:14:31 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
Re: Special thanks to all you people!!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 10:33:20 PM »
+1
you are welcome ...

I would love to have a full script running version of SUO on the public site  :-)

Great work, keep on doing what you do ....

cu

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 11:50:17 PM »
+1
you are welcome ...

I would love to have a full script running version of SUO on the public site  :-)

Great work, keep on doing what you do ....

cu

Hopefully that'll happen in time.  It's already working for testing general language constructs, but without client interaction, it's pretty much like playing with a Rubik's cube.  (my best Rubik's cube time was 19s)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 07:28:03 AM »
+1
damn you.. the GWW is 7 seconds I believe.. I couldn't do it under 1 min. the last few corners always got me stumped.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 07:33:46 AM »
+1
my best time is never... i tried for an hour one time... got all but 2 colors... i was frustrated...  anyways TM. this site roxxors the soxxors off the white soxs or red soxs.  lol.  I dont know much of anything else that would improve this site over what you already have.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 07:34:56 AM »
+1
damn you.. the GWW is 7 seconds I believe.. I couldn't do it under 1 min. the last few corners always got me stumped.

Ya, the problem with the method I used was it was a bit of random luck what the final corners turned into.  There was easy methods for some of the corner cases, or you had to grind through the more complicated methods.  So my 19s was with a well lubed cube and a very lucky set of circumstances.  Ahh, memories.

Anyhow, right now the public script section is just one mess, so I was going to add some order (Categories) to it.  Really the only thing I can think of at the moment.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 07:39:51 AM »
+1
oh yeah.. Randomness I know exactly what your talking about :)
my cube wasn't that easy to move around.. I never got that into oiling it up and what not.
and for the white vs red sox thing.. I'm a North Side Chicago Fan :P
so I wore My Cubs hat all weekend long.. even in the Swimming Pool :)

we ate at a Buffet Restaurant and behind me there where about 12 ppl going to a Red Sox games they were all wearing Red Sox shirts and what not. so I turned my hat around every time they went up to the buffet they kept looking at me with an evil look :)

Offline Cstalker

• Google Slut
  • ScriptUO Beta Tester
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cstalker has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 06:40:10 AM »
+1
me, now i could take the cube apart and put it back together in under 3 minutes :P

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 05:30:10 PM »
+1
now thats thinking out of the box or in this case Cube

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 07:56:28 PM »
+1
Thanks for bringing this site to us and especially SUO!  It has made a world of difference when it comes to scripting more quality code wihtout near the hassle :)

Offline Trusten

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Trusten has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 08:59:51 AM »
+1
yeah i think too, participation is not bad at all for community sites, so u have less leechers

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 11:33:32 AM »
+1
I'm guilty of taking the rubic's cube apart myself.  I have never solved it once.  It is one of my life's failures and has lead to my low self-esteem. 

I was pretty kick-ass at taking the stickers off and putting them back on to make it look like I had solved it.  After a few times it was pretty tattered though.  I also liked hiding little things in those empty cube corners that would close up.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 12:48:15 PM »
+1
Well I was always the uber-turbo 100 lb. backpack-wielding nerd in high school (probably even out-nerding Red Squirrel on the nerd-o-meter... heh)  So the Rubik's Cube was no challenge with the right book.  I started to feel a bit more special when I came up with the solution on my own for the 4x cube.  Just a tweak of the original rules, but you have to manipulate all the inner blocks first, then solve it like a normal 3x cube.

What would you hide in those corners, C2?  Did you fart in the open spaces or something?  Boogers?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 12:54:36 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 11:56:09 PM »
+1
Well I was always the uber-turbo 100 lb. backpack-wielding nerd in high school (probably even out-nerding Red Squirrel on the nerd-o-meter... heh) 

Ok, now you did it. I demand a picture! Hehe
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 01:16:57 AM »
+1

Ok, now you did it. I demand a picture! Hehe

Umm, no.  :p
Come play RIFT with me!