Author Topic: Hail and Well Met!  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Enterprise2001Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Enterprise2001 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hail and Well Met!
« on: June 19, 2010, 05:56:06 PM »
Hmmm... where to start? The beginning I guess... :)

I started playing UO around '98 or '99, long before skill synergies or Trammel. My first character was a self sufficient archer in Yew. Shortly after I made the dangerous journey to Vesper through the (dependent on the moons) moongates, a player from a player run town found me and brought me into the fold. The game got a lot easier after that.

I stopped playing for a few years when I went off to college and they changed the game so much that I had trouble catching back up after college. The player town I was in fell while I was in college due to fighting between the two original founders. I reconnected with one of them after college and got him back on UO for a short while in 2005, he quickly left the game and started a free shard so he could rebuild the town that had been lost (and was mostly invalid locations post-beta... LOL). I went with him and we ran it together for about 3 years. I did pretty much all the scripting for the server. It was quite the ride, but life brings all good things to an end...

About 4 months ago, a friend (who I got addicted to UO for a while) tried Star Trek Online and found that it made him yearn for UO again. He pulled me back into the game and I reconnected with my former co-Admin again. We three are now trying to rebuild the player town.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hail and Well Met!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 07:06:20 PM »
Thank you for the nice intro, and welcome to SUO! Restricted status is lifted so you are free to have a look around! Hope to see you in the forums!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 07:52:23 PM »
You guys trying this on a freeshard or osi shard?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 09:48:45 AM »
Hmmm... Forgive me because I just met you, but do you want to help or hinder, or are you just curious?

I ask because we are already having some problems with Reds...

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 10:35:22 AM »
No one here to hinder just curious :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 03:13:41 PM »
We are trying to rebuild Aryslan on the OSI Chesapeake shard.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 05:56:56 PM »
Dont have any toons on chessy but will make one to come and visit. keep us updated !!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 02:02:14 PM »
Masscre, will you be using this name for your Chessy toon or something else? I will keep an eye out for you. Not sure about tonight, there is supposed to be a wedding... :)

http://uo.stratics.com/news/Chesapeake.shtml#newsitem1276722375,14780,

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 05:55:09 AM »
yes i will make a toon with my name.

Tags: