Author Topic: Better late than never...  (Read 3607 times)

Offline JohnBoyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • JohnBoy has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Better late than never...
« on: August 29, 2010, 11:54:45 AM »
Hello all,
I'm JohnBoy at this stage of the game, however I have been known to go by many names over the multiple years that I have lived amongst the UO communities, Catfish, Santa Claus, Cecily Neville, Firefoot, and my first character ever, back before T2A was even published... BOWMAN. Ahhh, good times... I've been around quite a while, I guess, and I still remember the way it all began. My brother called me on the phone, all excited, and told me he had found this new game that I had to go get. "Ultima Online", he said. "Ok, I'll try it", I told him. Then I proceeded to Wal-mart to find this game that had him in a frenzy. Once I got it and finally got logged in, I spent about 5 hours wandering aimlessly around with no clue where to go or what to do(all of you that started over 10 years ago remember that feeling, I'm sure). Of course my bro had already played for a few weeks, and had a much better grasp on things than I did and he promptly introduced me to PVP :o(that's how we do it, we're very competitive. No way would he let me get in at the same time as he did...) But eventually I caught up to him and we began our UO lives. I must say, me and Origin (now EA) have had a love/hate relationship over the years. I've quit a few times but always seem to come back for some reason. I still feel that despite all of it's shortcomings, UO just becomes a part of you. Nothing ever really replaces it. You quit, you miss it, and you come back... I only play on free shards at this time, don't know if i'll ever go back to EA, only time will tell. But enough nostalgia, I found this board while looking for some old scripts that I used to have. I consider myself a medium grade scripter, mostly just editting established scripts to what I need at the time. I've written a few complete from scratch, but am not ready to publish or anything. The board looked interesting, so I wanted to see if I could join into the SUO community. Thanks for the oppertunity...
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Better late than never...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 12:05:24 PM »
And thanks for taking the time for a great intro.  Welcome to the site; hope you find some goodies here.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 12:10:07 PM »
Thanks, looking forward to it.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 02:22:41 PM »
thank you.  it is so nice to read a good intro.  welcome to the site

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 02:29:55 PM »
I find that the older I get, the more I have the time and sense to listen to what is requested and respond accordingly. If I had found this site when I was 24ish,  I fear that I would still be waiting to gain access... lol

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »
Welcome to the site!
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 04:03:30 PM »
Welcome to the site and yes to the above ... with age comes wisdom !!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 05:14:34 PM »
Now THAT is an intro!

Welcome to SUO.

G'night Johnboy...

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 04:45:02 AM »
I find that the older I get, the more I have the time and sense to listen to what is requested and respond accordingly. If I had found this site when I was 24ish,  I fear that I would still be waiting to gain access... lol

Amen brother!  I still flubbered on my first attempt at access and had to repost lol. Enjoy the site!!

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Tags: