Author Topic: Greetings Everyone!  (Read 4321 times)

Offline ParadiseTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Paradise has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Greetings Everyone!
« on: October 05, 2010, 10:00:52 AM »
Hi everyone! Hi Trailmyx!!
Ok I'm not new  :D But it has been so long since I've been here that I feel new again!  I have been so busy with my little one, I haven't had any time for gaming.  I am hoping to have some time here and there, and have just logged on UO after a long while.

I just wanted to say Hi to all, and once again thank all script writers from the bottom of my heart for making it possible for people like myself who have no time at all, to still be able to enjoy gaming through time saving scripts!  And thanks Trailmyx for this great site!

Hugs to all!
-Paradise

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Greetings Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 11:00:37 AM »
Welcome back!  How's the newborn doing?  It's good that you're thinking about the UO thing again.  I've been away myself, but I'm looking forward to playing a bit again.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 11:17:52 AM »
Thanks! =)  It's good to hear from you Trailmyx!  Hope you and yours are doing well! 

The never-ending pull from UO!  Such a large part of my life, and effected it in such a big way, especially since met hubby on there !  The newborn is actually 20 months old now!  ;D Time flies! 

*huggles*

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 12:51:02 PM »
Welcome Back!It is always good to see Veteran Players coming back to UO.  I often wondered if the original Developers put a strange "addictive" chemical into Ultima Online that makes you crave the game fortnightly (quote from So I Married an Axe Murderer)...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 01:24:17 PM by Oracle »
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 01:09:58 PM »
something acts like crack in your mind and gets you hooked!

Welcome back to the game.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 01:54:51 PM »
Thank you for the welcome backs =) Although I feel like I'm cheating, as I've gotten welcome backs about 2 years ago too!  =P 

It looks like I'm going to be moving shards permanently to Atlantic, which was hubby's original shard, so he'll be happy, Catskills looks pretty dead! 

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 06:12:41 PM »
Welcome back and good luck finding decent housing on atlantic.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 11:15:29 PM »
thanks! for the welcome back.

Is it that bad?  I was hoping to find a castle but I'll have to settle for a keep I guess  :P ;D

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 07:46:40 AM »
Might be hard to find a large spot on Atlantic still.  You may have to settle for something smaller.  Lower population shards might be an option if you're not stuck in one place.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 10:51:44 AM »
Yeah, I think I'll take up a small mining house and pretend I'm a newbie again like when I first started!  I might even tame a dog, and stable it everyday.  Save up to buy my first horse, and cry the first time someone kills it, and run from an orc npc "pker" begging him not to kill me as I throw all the stuff out of my backpack.

:-\ :-\

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 10:58:23 AM »
Yeah, I think I'll take up a small mining house and pretend I'm a newbie again like when I first started!  I might even tame a dog, and stable it everyday.  Save up to buy my first horse, and cry the first time someone kills it, and run from an orc npc "pker" begging him not to kill me as I throw all the stuff out of my backpack.

:-\ :-\

Ah, those are the fine memories.  I remember dying to my first great hart, and thinking, "Man, that deer just killed me!!  WTF?!?!?"  I was hooked ever since.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 11:02:30 AM »
haha!
I hold the world book or records for the quickest death ever on UO!  The first time I logged onto the game, the second I saw the screen come to light, I see someone stabbing me, and I die the instantly and am a ghost.  I have no idea how to res or anything, so I had to remake a character just to see what UO was about :P  Some guy was standing at Brit inn killing everyone as a welcome to the game =P

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 05:00:20 PM »
I had a similar story. I started a new character on atlantic at the time was my home. Then you could choose which town you wanted to start in. So i chose vesper it sounded kewl. So boomb I am at teh vesper inn and I walk out and see people all over the place. There where as many people at teh inn or more than you normally see at luna. I notice some outside running from each other and notice some falling in the grassy knowl just south and I go hmm they are just lying there and not getting back up?  I wonder what that is about so curious I am.  I walk to the grass and ask what is up and the guy laying ont eh ground does not answer but a grey colored guy in a see thru robe appears beside me going OooooOOo OO OOO oOO OoO Ooo and I respond to him after I figure out how to type. That he will have to try hard to scare me. Then a continue to the grey brick building next to the inn and a guy hanging around some chests there asks me if I can help hime get his gold and belongings. I precede to say sure hold on and then ask him how do i help. He says that he dropped his gold and other items in this chest and that you have to steal it to get it back out. I go that sounds funny but hey I am here to help. So I precede to use the stealing blue button and grab the gold first and collect like 3 gold coins which was good to have 0 skill. At this time we only had real numbers in game no fractions. Then BOOM he screams GUARDS! and bam I am taking a nap also like that other guy and I get this option to rez and take restrictions or look for a healer. So being the noob I am I choose to rez instantly and ask this guy what just happened and then he rez kills be LOL. Needless to say I got a hint of what had happened and just erased that toon and made a new one. Back then you could make and erase all you wanted. Heck one day a friend and I (RL) created and erased characters to the cows came home. Making mages and collecting the reagents. In those days you got like 3-5 of each and 100 gold but then that was alot.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 05:09:55 PM »
LOL.  Thanks for sharing that story! I got a kick out of it! I read it to my hubby too, and he got a laugh out of it also.  Those were the days!!!

Your story reminded me of my oldest son, when he was little many years ago.  I was fighting, and he was hmm I guess about 4 years old? He was watching me, and I killed a guy, who turned into a ghost and appeared next to me, and he starts yelling excitedly "Kill him again mommy!! he's still moving!!! KILL HIM AGAIN!!"  (Sorry endearing nostalgic moments of memories of my son when he was younger =P) 

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 05:34:42 PM »
I can see my 5 year telling me that now. I let her play with my miner she enjoys watching the blue beetle follow her around and getting to beat on rocks to collect smaller rocks :)

Tags: